Turn Your Site’s Visitors Into Customers
Updated on 03/10/2023
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), which we also call design for conversion, is a digital marketing service that mixes a variety of tactics in order to help your conversion rate increase on your website. By making strategic changes to your site’s page layout, it can help boost leads from those who land on your site.Get in Touch
Why Do Conversion Rates Matter?
No matter the size of your business, or whether you are B2B or B2C, ensuring that when people find your website they take action to contact you is paramount. You want them to learn more about your services or make a purchase, so conversion is key.
What’s the point of having great site traffic if you aren’t getting results? If you have you been investing in SEO and seeing an increase in traffic, but no increases in leads, then you are missing out on handfuls of potential customers. Many business owner’s don’t realize that there are various aspects aside the copy you have on your pages that can influence people to convert. So working with a team that specializes in design for conversion can help you get the most out the hard work you’ve put towards improving your website’s SEO.
4 Things to Check to See If You Need Conversion Rate Optimization
Unsure if your site is in need of a conversion optimization overhaul? Here are a few things to check to find our if your site needs some design tweaks to help conversions:
- Conversion Rate – If you are on this page, you have already likely checked this metric and come to the realization that it needs to be improved. But if you haven’t already, be sure to look at the conversion rate of various pages of your site that have different layouts and calls to actions, this can help you get a better sense of what templates, forms, buttons, etc. are performing well and which ones aren’t.
- Bounce Rate – Unlike various other things marketers analyze, you actually want your bounce rate to be low. Bounce rate measures when a user lands on a page on your site and takes no other action – such as click further into your site – and thus abandons your website. Give the lack of action, they are considered to have “bounced.”
- Exit Rate – Similar to bounce rate, exit rate then measures when someone leaves your site after they have visited more than one page. This can help your further analyze what pages people are clicking further into, but then leaving.
- Speed/Load time – Using a tool such as PageSpeed Insights, you can get a free evaluation on how your site grades from a user perspective. When you have a slow load time, it can lead to a high bounce rate as users will be turned off by a slow site. According to HubSpot, for every additional second it takes for your site to load, the conversion rate dropped by an average of 4.42%.
“The team at Sixth City Marketing is a customer-focused, forward-thinking team. They present a laid-back but professional environment that makes them feel as though they are an extension of your team. On top of the services they provide, they also provide education to continue maximizing your brand’s awareness and clout. With a focus on SEO and customer conversions, they strive to make the most of the resources you’re putting toward your websites and marketing. Most of all, this team is trustworthy and I truly feel has their clients’ backs.” – David Jeffries, Ohio HD Video and Cine Rental
How We Approach Conversion Optimization
With the help of our conversion optimization services, we are able to diagnose major issues with your website that are holding you back from obtaining the amount of leads you desire. Whether it be lack of strong calls to action, poor page content, or overall outdated site design, we are able to assess your website as a whole and fix these problems in order to boost the amount of leads you gain from your site.
After evaluating your website and speaking to you about your goals, we apply the following strategies to your site:
- Design for Conversion – With our background in web design and marketing, we have a proven approach to making changes to your site’s design that can boost conversions.
- User Experience – In order to help encourage users to interact with your site, we first need to ensure your website meets user experience standards such as being mobile-friendly, having quick page loading, and boasting site security.
- Search Engine Optimization – There are various principles of SEO that play into helping visitors convert as well, such as having unique page copy, optimized headers, photos, and more.
Our Conversion Rate Optimization Case Studies
Valco Valley Tool & Die
Before we redesigned their website in 2018, we originally worked with Valco on SEO and conversion optimization by implementing more calls to action on key pages. This led to the following results compared to the year before:
- 6% vs. 1.54% conversion rate
- Increased form submissions by 543%
We began optimizing Shini’s site to help their SEO and PPC campaigns, and through that also came a conversion-centric site refresh to make their site more visually friendly and help facilitate results. Year to year, we were able to:
- Increase monthly leads by 129%
- Boost SEO traffic by 632%
Through a website redesign focusing on design for conversion, and the help of SEO, in our data comparison we saw that our work:
- Improved traffic by 402%
- Increased monthly leads by 314%
Kent State University – College of Business Administration
While the majority of our work with Kent State was focused on SEO, we also implemented key design changes to their site and landing pages to help increase conversion rate. Compared to the previous year, we were able to:
- Increase SEO leads by 38% and PPC leads by 148%
- Increase overall leads by 135%
While initially we redesigned their entire website to help with conversion, we also implemented a tailored SEO strategy to bring in more potential customers. This mix of tactics was able to:
- Boost conversion rate by 90%
- Accrue 28% more site visits per month
- Increase form submissions by 117% per month
Get to Know Sixth City
5 Things That Make Us Different
1. We are focused on results
Our top priority when working with you is to do quality work that brings you the results you desire while providing key ROI data that proves our value through our unique lead-tracking abilities.
2. We value transparency
Having an honest relationship with our clients is what has led to us working with many of them for upwards of 7+ years. You can trust that we will always be transparent in our data reporting and day-to-day communications.
3. We have years of experience
Our team has 25+ years of experience in the marketing industry collectively, which means that we have grown as the marketing landscape has pivoted and evolved over the course of many years.
4. We are all in-house
One thing that is unique about our CRO agency is that our staff is completely in-house – from our designers to our writers to our account management team, you will get to know our dedicated team throughout our engagement.
5. We have worked with various industries
Through working with a wide range of business types, we have learned valuable lessons and are always improving our conversion optimization services. Some of these industries include:
“We have been working with the Sixth City team for about 6 years now and they have really helped us build our online presence. We work monthly hand in hand to come up with new campaigns and strategies. They are always thinking of new ways to generate leads and they are there for anything we need. They are also in the process of building our new website and I am so excited about the launch. It looks great! I love working with Sixth City and look forward to it for many more years to come!” – Sarah Wentz, Valco Valley Tool/Die
Ready to Get More Leads? Talk to Our Conversion Rate Optimization Company Today
Get in touch with our team so we can give your site a free evaluation to discover how we can help your business thrive.