Get More Leads in 2023 With Plumber SEO Strategies
Updated on 5/18/2023
Are you looking to boost leads and traffic for your plumbing business? If you find that your plumbing company is currently ranking deep in the pages of Google, and your competitors are dominating in the Google 3-pack something needs to be done. Through the help of customized SEO strategies, your website can be where it needs to be so you can get more business through online form submissions, phone calls, and more.
We have worked with companies in a variety of niches to help them reach their target audiences and boost leads. Our expertise can provide you with an SEO campaign guide that demonstrates all you need to produce real results. Remember, a lack of presence for your site in Google’s search engine rankings could lose essential business for your company.
Let our team continue to amplify the significance of SEO for plumbing companies to help you drive more traffic to your website!Talk With Our Strategists
FAQs About Search Engine Optimization for Plumbers
What Is The Definition of SEO for Plumbers?
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of implementing a variety of strategies and tactics for your business to increase ranking across different search engines. This is done to increase search traffic and leads to your website.
For plumbing companies, SEO entails cultivating a mix of tactics that improve your site’s appearance on Google Maps, in industry directories, and other relevant channels.
What Are Keywords and What Should I Target as a Plumber?
Potential customers turn to the internet to look for pages, images, videos, or any other information that will answer their search query, generally related to products, services, or questions they have. Therefore keywords (words and phrases) are implemented on web pages to help searchers that use specific language on a search engine to find relevant information. Examples of keywords for you may include, “plumbing services near me” or “plumbing companies in [your city]”.
What If My Plumbing Business Has Multiple Locations?
That’s no problem. Multi-location plumbing businesses have the power to rank better for specific terms relevant to the specific areas you serve. Managing and maintaining your Google Business Profiles for each location will make your business appear more credible to potential customers. One tip we have for plumbers is to make sure you have all your services filled out on your profile that could be key phrases people search for, such as:
- Emergency plumber
- 24/7 plumber
- Plumbing company
- Local plumber
“If you are contemplating a change in marketing strategies, I highly recommend requesting a strategy consultation. You will be in for a treat! John and Aubrie were both very kind, professional and engaging. John gave us a number of very helpful tips…all at no cost to us!” – Simeon Shankster, Shankster Bros
5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Enhance Your SEO Efforts
- Evaluate Your Copy – Analyze your site and see where you can add relevant and useful content for your target audience. Additionally, blog content like “How to replace your faucet” and similar topics can help drive traffic to your site.
- Add Google Analytics to Your Website – Use Google Analytics to monitor your pages on your website and set up goal tracking to track web leads.
- Be Active on Social – Manage your social media channels to engage with your local audience and gather reviews for your business.
- Create or Claim Your Google Business Profile – If you don’t already own your listing, head over to Google Maps and look into creating or claiming your listing.
- Check Your Online Presence – Are you featured on other resources like Yelp, AngiesList, and more? Do some digging and make sure they all reflect the correct business information as on your website.
What Does A Strategic Local SEO Process for Plumbers Entail?
Some key areas of focus during the process of search engine optimization for local businesses include:
- Keyword research and keyword targeting – First, we suggest you discover the best terms and phrases to optimize for. Consider keywords’ search volume, relevance, and competition from other businesses.
- Competitor analysis – Look at not only how other businesses are ranking for your chosen keywords in searches, but also in Google Maps, which allows you to see if any of the results violate Google’s policies
- Content writing – After identifying valuable keywords, begin to incorporate them into your site’s content. Areas of your site that should be optimized include meta titles, meta descriptions, pictures, landing page content, and URLs. We also recommend including these keywords in social media and email marketing content.
- Competitor analysis – Look at not only how other businesses are ranking for your chosen keywords in searches, but also in Google Maps, which allows you to see if any of the results violate Google’s policies.
- User experience for desktop, mobile, and tablet – To ensure highly successful SEO for plumbing companies, you will want to make sure that your web design is user- You want your potential customers to navigate your site easily whether they are on their mobile phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Data analysis with Google Analytics – Being a results-driven company ourselves, to show you how your plumbing SEO is working we recommend looking at the organic traffic going to your website via Google Analytics.
Learn the Different Types of SEO
The four main types of search engine optimization include on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and local SEO. When these four types are utilized correctly, they can help produce the best results for your business:
- On-page SEO – This includes everything internally within your own site that you control to improve search engine rankings. This refers to content writing, metadata, internal links, headers, photos, and videos.
- Off-page SEO – On the other hand, off-page SEO refers to all the work done externally. This includes, link building, managing local citation profiles, optimization of your Google and Bing local profiles, and much more.
- Technical SEO – This refers to optimizations made on your site or the server to help fix any issues holding your site back from optimal performance. We check things such as image sizes and format, redirects, page structure, canonicals, user experience, and page loading speed.
- Local SEO– This is a strategy that helps your business increase visibility within a specific focus such as plumbing through search results on different search engines. This is helpful especially for advertising plumbing services right in your desired neighborhood.
When these SEO types are implemented correctly, they can help plumbing companies increase brand recognition within their specific industry. Overall, these are important to consider when wanting to grow your business’s online presence.
What Plumber SEO Campaigns Look Like with Sixth City
Our goal is to help you make improvements to your site in order to rank highly in Google’s search engine results pages in your desired area. We do this by:
- Obtaining more qualified leads to drive sales
- Increasing keyword positions on Google
- Improving your brand’s presence online
Quality and measurement are our highest priorities in any local SEO campaign we create. Our campaigns are targeted toward your goals, target audience and target location.
What Makes Sixth City Different from Other Plumber SEO Companies
- Our team has years of digital marketingexpertise, working with many different industries. As a small, in-house team, we give our clients the attention they all deserve and produce high-quality work in return.
- A marketing campaign with us is always 100% unique and geared toward what our clients are trying to achieve. We suggest tailoring efforts and campaigns to your goals and target audience.
- Sixth City is a full-service agency that offers many other essential services including PPC, website design and development, social media marketing, HubSpot marketing and more!
- Customer satisfaction is a huge priority of ours and many of our clients have been longtime partners who have found success through our ongoing campaign work.
- Our Sixth City team has a variety of office locations including in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Houston, Chicago, and Cleveland.
Essential Services Our Home Services Marketing Agency Provides
Not only do we offer SEO for plumbers, but also a variety of other digital marketing services as well. We strive to deliver you the best results possible to better enhance your company’s online presence. Whether you specialize in plumbing, HVAC, painting, or another home service, we can help you through the following:
- Website Design and Development – Our team is happy to design a user-friendly website for your business, which is a great asset to your online marking efforts. Our websites are built to serve your marketing goals and target audience and be compatible across devices. Additionally, they are easy to use and update by your staff.
- Email Marketing – We’re here to help craft and schedule out emails to introduce new products or features to existing and potential customers. Keeping your customers in the loop on industry news, or anything else, is incredibly beneficial. This will all help drive clicks to your site.
- Pay-Per-Click Campaigns – Our PPC campaigns include monthly ROI reporting, ad copywriting, keyword analysis, auditing, and much more. Through paids ads, we’re able to target a specific audience and receive more qualified leads.
- Social Media Marketing – We will craft, edit, and upload posts to your channels of choice. We’ll work with you directly to design a social media strategy that fits your company best. This strategy will increase your brand recognition and help engage with your target audience more effectively.
- Much More – At Sixth City, we also offer conversation rate optimization and consulting and auditing services! We’re happy to help grow your plumber business in the digital world! Whether that be SEO for plumbing companies or a combination of tactics, we’re here to help!
“Sixth City Marketing has made me realize that having a website and not doing SEO is like getting a phone number and not listing it anywhere.” – Marc Konys, Bruening Glass Works
Want to Start Boosting Your Online Rankings?
An effective strategy of local SEO for plumbers is essential. Solidify your SEO efforts by contacting the Sixth City team today! We can provide you with a free website evaluation to determine how we can make your online presence soar and we can share our experience in helping similar businesses such as painters, roofers, electricians, and more.
We look forward to being your plumbing SEO company!