Updated on 6/14/2023
Your website acts as the virtual face of your business, so it is important that you treat it as such, and making sure you invest in a professional team of WordPress designers and developers is the first step.
That is where our team at Sixth City Marketing is here to help you. We have been providing digital marketing for 25+ years collectively as a team, allowing us to have helped a wide range of businesses improve their online presence through WordPress web design and much more.
Why Invest in WordPress Help?
When making small adjustments to your website with the help of a WordPress developer in Pittsburgh, with the help of SEO-backed strategies, you should see the results in the number of leads and sales that you receive to your website.
Free Site Evaluation
Get more from your website in 2023! Fill out the form below or give us a call at 412-744-8415 and we'll give you a free website review.
“I’ve worked with the team at Sixth City Marketing for about a year now, and they have been very helpful in improving my website’s visibility. The team is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are also easily accessible by phone or email, and respond quickly; the customer service is what separates them from the pack.” – David Kozak, Kozak Micro Adjusters
What We Bring to the Table
Wondering what makes our team of WordPress designers in Pittsburgh different? Here are just some of the things you can expect when you partner with us:
- In-house designers – Our team is in-house, meaning you will get to know team members working on your website, allowing for effective ongoing communication.
- Years of experience – As we said above, our team has had 25+ collective years of experience. From small business sites to mid-size ecommerce stores to multi-dimensional websites for colleges, we have done it all.
- Full transparency – Communication is key to any relationship, and that is no different for business. You can trust that we will always be fully transparent throughout your project.
- Conversion optimization – Building a beautiful site is important, but ensuring it features a design that will help visitors convert into customers is just as important. We design all of our sites with conversion top of mind.
- SEO integration – When we build your site, we know that keeping search engine optimization at the forefront is key to helping your site succeed after launch and for years to come.
- Varied services – Given that we offer more than just WordPress development, we also can help your business thrive through SEO, PPC, and many other services.
Did you know that as of 2022, WordPress is utilized by just over 43% of all websites on the internet? The platform has been known to have a 12% increase in usage per year since 2011. If you aren’t familiar with WordPress, you are probably wondering why we, and many other businesses, choose it as our preferred content management system (CMS) over other platforms.
Here are a few things that we believe make it stand out from the rest:
- Customization – With capabilities, WordPress websites can be completely customizable to your brand.
- Mobile-friendliness – All WordPress sites come with a mobile-compatible version to them, making it easier than ever to have your content present on all device types.
- Speed – If you keep your WordPress website up to date, it should perform at an optimal speed that is guaranteed to generate qualified leads.
- Plugins – WordPress also has several plugins to further add to the overall functionality of your website.
- Ease of use – As one of the easiest content management systems to use and learn, you and your team will be able to easily publish content, as well as update existing content on your website.
4 Things to Keep in Mind When Redesigning Your Site
If you plan on partnering with a local web design firm, consider adding these items to your wish list:
1. Improving Site Speed
Did you know that nearly 86% of web developers say that a website with a slow load time is the main reason that visitors will choose to leave a website? That is why it is essential to have your website quickly, with 83% of all consumers expecting your website to load in 3 seconds or less.
With that in mind, it is important to make sure that the speed of your website is performing swiftly and efficiently. Some of the ways that you can ensure that is the case include analyzing your Google PageSpeed Insights, as well as assessing your Google Analytics account to see your website’s current speed and load time.
2. Creating Mobile Compatibility
As of Q1 of 2023, nearly 46% of website traffic in the United States comes from mobile devices. To accommodate the versatility of all traffic that comes to your website, it is important that your website’s template can also be accessed by desktops, mobile devices, and even tablets. It is also important to note that 67% of mobile users are more likely to purchase from a company that has a mobile format.
When working with WordPress, their design templates can adapt to mobile and desktop views, making it easier than ever to navigate your website’s content.
3. Incorporating a Blog
Including a blog on your website is a great way to share your industry-related expertise, as well as create content that can drive links back to your website. Google values content that is on brand with your company’s overall goal and niche, as well as content that is helpful and easily accessible to the customer.
Luckily for you, WordPress includes a built-in blog with all of its templates, making creating and maintaining a blog simple and sufficient.
4. Structuring Your Site to Deliver Results
Stylistically, your site’s design should be easy to navigate from the first visit to fulfilling your call to action (CTA). That is why we recommend formatting your website to create a clear and effective flow, as well as showcasing CTA buttons so they stand out clearly on your page. This will allow for customers to complete goals, such as requesting a quote, contacting your team, or even making a purchase, without having to search for what they are looking for.
For some additional tips and strategies for managing your WordPress website, check out our other articles:
- 12+ Stats to Convince You to Redesign Your Website
- How to Update Your Website to Convert in 2023
- 8 Best Practices for SEO on WordPress
Industries We Help
We can help just about any business type, but here are a few we have experience strategizing for or partnering with:
FAQs About Pittsburgh WordPress Design
How do I know it is time to redesign and update my website?
If you are noticing that your website is not delivering the results that you are expecting, it may be time to make some adjustments to its structure. This can include how the website is designed, how it is structured, how it functions, and much more.
Still not convinced? Check out these website redesign stats to further help you.
How much does it cost to get a WordPress redesign?
The pricing of a WordPress redesign depends on the number of pages on your website, as well as the number of changes that you want to be made to the website itself. Add-on services such as content writing will be an additional cost!
Why should I not choose a pre-made WordPress theme?
Though it may be convenient to purchase a premade WordPress theme for your company, there can be many setbacks that come with the interface later down the line. For example, your website can be dependent on unstable plugins, interfaces that are not user-friendly, faulty support teams, and so much more.
To eradicate this possibility, our team recommends hiring a WordPress developer in Pittsburgh to create a custom website that is going to exceed all of your goals and expectations.
How can check to see if my website is already mobile-friendly?
Fortunately, some WordPress websites usually come with a mobile-friendly theme, so a website redesign can essentially ensure mobile compatibility. But if you want to make sure that your website can be viewed on your phone, simply check on your mobile device and troubleshoot any issues that you see on your end.
You can also use Google’s free mobile test to see how your pages are performing compared to others.
What goes into the website redesign process?
When going through our WordPress redesign process, here are some things that you can expect during the process:
- Getting ideas from you about what you want from your website
- Creating wireframe designs to give you a clear overview of page structures
- Constructing Photoshop mockups to add the design elements do your wireframes
- Final touches and suggestions from you and your team
- SEO writing and contributions to take your redesign to the next level (add-on service)
No matter the case, our Pittsburgh WordPress developers are here with you throughout each step of the process, and we want you to be satisfied with a final website that is guaranteed to deliver results for your business.
Should my company invest in other digital marketing services?
Combining your new web project with other digital marketing services could only help your company increase leads, sales, and more. So if you if your company has the time or budget to invest in digital marketing services, such as search engine optimization or pay-per-click, we highly recommend that you do so!
About Out Pittsburgh Office
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the heart of downtown. More notably, we are located in the Investment Building just west of the Hill District and just outside of Market Square.
Here is the address to get to our location:
239 Fourth Avenue #1915
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Hours of Operation
Monday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Though we would love to meet with you at our Pittsburgh office and discuss WordPress design and development, we recommend scheduling an appointment before stopping by. You can do so by giving us a call or contacting us through our form at the top of this page!
Looking to park near our Pittsburgh office? No problem. There is a large parking garage located directly across the street from our office. You can access the garage on either Third or Fourth Avenue.
We are honored to contribute to the Pittsburgh community as a member of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership. Additionally, we have had the pleasure of featuring local businesses in our Best of Pittsburgh series.
Beyond Our Pittsburgh WordPress Development Services
Though your business may be looking for a WordPress designer in Pittsburgh, our digital marketing agency specializes in a variety of services, including the following:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Website design
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Consulting and auditing
- HubSpot marketing
Overall, our team of experts wants to ensure that you are your Pittsburgh-based company is getting results that show. If you have any additional questions regarding our diverse array of services, please contact our team directly!
“We have been working with the Sixth City team for about 6 years now and they have really helped us build our online presence. We work monthly hand in hand to come up with new campaigns and strategies. They are always thinking of new ways to generate leads and they are there for anything we need. They are also in the process of building our new website and I am so excited about the launch. It looks great! I love working with Sixth City and look forward to it for many more years to come!” – Sarah Wentz, Valco Valley Tool & Die
Talk with Our Pittsburgh WordPress Developers Today
Interested in learning more details on how we can help you get the brand-new website you desire? Contact us today using the form at the top of this page or utilize our chat box below!