Bring in More Sales From A Custom Website Designed for Manufacturers
Updated on 5/25/2023
When was the last time you redesigned your website? As you enter the new decade, it might be time to reassess how your website not only looks, but also performs.
Back in the day, all you needed on your website was your catalog and a phone number. But now, visitors expect a little bit more when they go to a company’s site. From a tactful navigation, to updated photos, and working forms, there might be some things on your site that haven’t been on the top of your to-do list.
With our website design and development services for manufacturing companies, we can create a custom WordPress site for you that is designed for conversion.
Industrial and Manufacturing Website Examples
“John and the team at Sixth City Marketing has delivered on everything they promised. From the time we started working with them until now, our leads have tripled. We’ve worked with them in many areas including PPC, SEO, website design and social media marketing. I would HIGHLY recommend John and the team at Sixth City Marketing.” – Lisa Calovini, Shini USA
What is Manufacturing Website Design?
Web design and development is considered a digital marketing service, and includes building and launching a new website. Things such as user experience, load times, and even SEO are factors often included based off the developers. For manufacturers, this often includes things such as product pages, product catalogs, order forms, and other requirements for your niche.
Website Design for Manufacturing FAQs
If you are unfamiliar with the website redesign process, we understand that you may have a lot of questions. Hopefully, some of these answers can help give you insight on what we do.
How will a new website help my manufacturing company get more leads?
According a survey done by Thomasnet.com, 84% of manufacturers believe their website is crucial to their marketing for getting leads, and they aren’t wrong! Having a refreshed site improves things that make visitors more likely to convert, such as user-ability, speed, graphics, easy navigation, and more.
I don’t like my current website platform because it is hard to update. Can I change that?
Yes. We understand that you likely have a lot of gripes with the current structure of your website, which is why you have become interested in our services. We typically recommend WordPress, as it is our preferred site platform and is very clean and user-friendly, but we will also talk with you to ensure it is the best fit.
Do you both design and build sites?
Yes, so you do not need to look for different vendors to complete both sides of the project – we do it all! We’d also be happy to continue working you after we complete your project for on-going SEO or PPC.
I’ve never done a web redesign. What are the steps you take during the redesign process?
There are various stages throughout the project, including:
- Initial meeting for goals
- Getting inspiration for design
- Creating an ideal site page and navigation structure
- Producing wire frames to see overall layout
- Mocking up the design in Photoshop and receiving feedback
- Building the site on a staging/development server
- Moving your current site content onto the staging site
- Final review and feedback to prep for launch
- Launching the new site on the hosting platform of your choosing
We work and communicate with you through every step to make sure the final product is something you will love and that it meets all your wants and needs.
What about marketing? Will you keep that in mind while redesigning and developing my site?
Yes! As a digital marketing agency, we always keep SEO in mind when we design and develop new sites. In doing this, we ensure that they are built to not only retain your current rankings, but also give you the opportunity to increase in your rankings. Additionally, we do allow you to package SEO into your website redesign project which allows us to make additional changes to your website’s content to help further your online marketing efforts.
What happens after my new site is launched?
After we have finished the project, we would love to continue with you by providing search engine optimization and/or paid marketing for your business. However, if that is out of your budget, we will schedule a meeting with you to teach you how to move forward making updates to your site so you can carry on for years to come!
Types of Manufacturers We Can Help
- General industrial
- Paper goods
- Many others
What You Get with Our Web Design Services
Not only will you get a brand-new WordPress website, but your website will also be strategically optimized for Google and other search engines, be configured with Google Analytics, have optimal load time, and help customers find your products and services with ease.
Why Choose Our Manufacturing Web Development Company?
There are various things that make our manufacturing website design agency different from the rest, but here are a few high-level aspects to keep in mind when you are comparing companies:
- We understand what makes a good website – Having a website that converts well can be hard to come by, but our team is skilled in taking the time to design and develop a website that not only looks nice, but is great for SEO and user experience.
- Our expert team is all in-house – When you team up with our agency, you get the skills of all of our content writers, strategists, and designers who all play a part in helping create your new website.
- We are experienced in various niches – As manufacturing marketing experts, we have worked with companies of all kinds! From metal stamping to chuck jaws to aerospace components and so much more, we’ve had diverse experience, so we can cater to your business no matter what you do.
- Our goal is always long-term success – Unlike other manufacturing web development agencies, we want to work with you past your project to ensure your continued success through SEO, PPC, and more.
- We have WordPress experience like no other – Collectively, our team has over 25+ years of marketing and design experience building WordPress websites for various industries.
- Providing you data is a given – When we design and develop your website, we ensure that Google Analytics tracking is enabled properly so you can track visitors, form submission, phone calls, and much more.
- We can help you no matter your location – Since we are centrally located in the Midwest with offices in Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Columbus, and our services are performed remotely, we have the ability to help clients all over the United States.
- Transparency is always top of mind – Web design projects can be tricky, and there is always a chance that a problem can come up during the process. You can trust that we are always 100% transparent in our communication with you if anything occurs where decisions need to be made and our course of action needs to be altered to ensure success.
Advantages of using WordPress for Manufacturing Web Designs
There are many advantages when it comes to using WordPress for website design for manufacturers. It is our preferred website platform and is known as a popular and trustworthy content management system (CMS). If your business is not familiar with this platform, no worries, we will make sure your team learns all there is to know about WordPress and offer the necessary training to help you get acquainted.
Advantages of using WordPress include:
- Enhanced functionality – As technology continues to advance, the need for an easy user-friendly website is essential. Websites made using WordPress are made compatible with all devices, which is beneficial considering more and more people are using mobile devices instead of computers to go on the web than ever before. Not to mention, they can be built to load at fast speeds.
- Completely customizable – WordPress gives you the option to customize your designs to your liking, unlike other website builders that only give you a handful of templates to choose from. You will be able to decide on colors, layouts, and much more. Our team will help make your site looks professional and design it the way your business wants.
- Easily add and edit pages – WordPress was originally created for users who don’t have a technical website background, which makes it easy to use. You and your team will be able to add, edit, schedule, and monitor content on your site with no troubles.
- Large library of plugins – By designing your site through WordPress, you and your team are able to add a variety of plugins to improve the functionality on your website. As an added bonus, many of these plugins are free to purchase.
Manufacturing Web Design Case Study: TYKMA Electrox
Alongside the SEO work we did for TYKMA Electrox, we also redesigned their website to help have a strong foundation for the marketing work we were doing.
Keep in mind that even if you are doing some exceptional digital marketing work, if users come to your website and it is outdated, slow, or lacking ways for people to contact you or make purchases, it can steer them away!
Our goals with redesigning TYKMA Electrox’s site included the following:
- Creating a clean and simple design that matched company branding
- Implementing strong calls to action on key product pages that utilized color theory and strong placement to draw the eye
- Consolidating information on individual product pages to help push users to reach out and keep copy organized and clean
- Ensuring Google Analytics code was installed and goal tracking was implemented to see form submission and phone call data
With the help of SEO alongside web design, we were able to see the following results when comparing September 2017 to February-March of 2014:
- Website traffic improved by 402%
- SEO traffic improved by 540%
- Monthly web leads improved by 314%
“We have been working with the Sixth City team for about 6 years now and they have really helped us build our online presence. We work monthly hand in hand to come up with new campaigns and strategies. They are always thinking of new ways to generate leads and they are there for anything we need. They are also in the process of building our new website and I am so excited about the launch. It looks great! I love working with Sixth City and look forward to it for many more years to come!” – Sarah Wentz, Valco Valley Tool/Die
Other Services We Provide
As we have mentioned, we offer more than just website design and development. We are a full-service digital marketing agency, meaning we can help your business beyond just giving your site a facelift. Here are the other services we provide:
- Search engine optimization for manufacturers – To help your website rank better on search engines and improve your overall presence on the web, our SEO services are completely customized to your goals, industry, and needs. No two campaigns are exactly the same, which is what helps us get the results you desire. From content optimization to link building to competitor research and more, our strategic formula to tackling your marketing goals will help your website be in a better position for years to come.
- Pay per click (PPC) management – Do you have a specific audience you want to target? Does your business just serve a specific region? Then paid advertising may be the right fit for you. PPC is a great option for businesses that are looking to try a new marketing channel to produce results, as you are in complete control of the budget and targeting of your ads. Our PPC management services allow you to focus on your business as we monitor your campaign to make sure it is in tip-top shape to produce qualified results.
- CRM Consulting – If you or your sales team are having difficulty keeping track of new leads, or nurturing potential customers through the sales process, investing in a customer relations management platform could be the next step for you. We are a certified HubSpot marketing agency and would be happy to help you get accustomed to their software, as well as integrating it into your website so you can utilize its tools to the fullest.
- Social media marketing – As we know, social media can be a great asset to your marketing efforts. Check out some of the things shared on TYKMA Electrox’s Instagram. They regularly post real-life product applications and they can easily interact with brands they work with and receive feedback from customers. This outlet is creative and fun and can offer new ways to gain exposure.
Get a Quote from Our Manufacturing Website Design Company Today
Contact us today to receive information on our pricing, learn how we conduct website design projects, and get to know our team. We look forward to working with you!