Generate Organic Leads and Traffic with an Effective SEO Strategy for Commercial and Residential Landscapers
Updated on 03/27/2023
An online marketing campaign can have a tremendous impact on your business. By creating an effective SEO strategy (especially from a local perspective), you can improve your website by obtaining more qualified leads, increasing sales, and improving your brand’s online presence.
At Sixth City Marketing, we work with many clients to provide our best SEO services, and we know what it takes to create an efficient landscaping SEO strategy. Because of this, we created an informational, up-to-date, and easy-to-follow guide that will help landscaping companies create and implement their own successful SEO strategy.
“Fantastic to work with the Sixth City Team. We brought them in to our web site hoping to increase traffic. With some initial quick changes we saw our traffic more than double within a matter of a couple of months. It is so valuable to have the input from experts who know how SEO and other marketing avenues work and can produce a far greater result than trying to beat the system on your own.” – Dan Eifel, Summers Rubber
Landscaping SEO FAQs
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions to help you start navigating your landscaping SEO strategy:
- What does SEO stand for? – SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is the process of increasing overall traffic to your website by optimizing pages so that they can rank higher on the search engine results pages.
- What is the difference between organic and paid search results? – Organic search results are page listings on the SERPs that closely match with the user’s search query based on relevance. Paid search results are ads that businesses pay for so that they can rise above organic results.
- Why do I need SEO? – If you want to increase overall traffic to your website, optimizing your existing content and writing new content is essential for potential customers to find you and work with you.
- How do I know that SEO is a good fit for my business? – The best thing about SEO is that it can work with any niche out there, as you can tailor it to your unique goals and audience. You are able to customize a plan that will reach your target audience and get you the results you want.
- Have you worked with businesses like ours? – Yes! We have 12+ years of experience helping landscapers and different types of home service companies such as painters, plumbers, electricians, roofers, and more!
Marketing Terms to Know When Navigating a Landscaping SEO Strategy
To give you a better understanding of industry-related terms to help you with your SEO for landscaping strategies, here are some worth noting:
- On-page SEO – On-page SEO refers to factors that are included on your website, which incorporates both the content and the HTML code of the page being optimized. It is anything that you can control on your pages such as keywords, copy, internal linking, metadata, headers, and images.
- Off-page SEO – Off-page SEO, meanwhile, includes any SEO work you or your team perform outside the parameters of your website. This includes backlinks through link-building opportunities, optimizing local profiles, managing local citations, and much more!
- Technical SEO – As another of the four types of SEO we excel in, technical SEO is exactly what it sounds like. It targets technical issues on your website that hinder your search engine optimization.
- Local SEO – Local search engine optimization is the practice of incorporating keywords with area-specific queries. This can include keywords such as “landscaping companies near me,” “Cleveland landscaping companies,” and “landscapers in Cleveland.”
- Metadata – This is the data that tells a search engine what your website is all about. This information displays in search engines and in the tab on your browser.
- Long-tail keywords – These are more specific keywords that include two or more words in a phrase. These keywords are more targeted and can often result in more qualified leads.
- Alt text/tag – The description of your image in your website’s code. Add alt text to images to ensure that the search engine and those using accessibility tools can read it.
- Internal linking – This is the process of including links to other pages on your website, such as linking the homepage from a product page.
- Indexed page – A page that Google has crawled and stored in their search engine.
- SERP – This stands for a search engine results page, which is created by typing a query in search engines such as Google, Bing, and others.
To learn more about industry terms that you should know when creating your landscape SEO digital marketing strategy, be sure to check out and bookmark our Digital Marketing Acronyms blog post.
Why Invest in Landscaping SEO Services?
Wondering why you should consider SEO for your landscaping company? Here are a few reasons why we think you should:
1. It Works!
Google processes 3.5 billion searches a day. So, there is no doubt that Google’s search engine results offer a great opportunity for you to be noticed with that amount of search volume. More traffic means more leads, ultimately ending with more sales for your business.
2. High Search Engine Rankings Means More Credibility for Your Business
Users trust Google. When a user conducts research and finds your site at the top of Google’s search engine results page, they will see you as a credible source because of their trust in Google to deem your site as relevant. Building this trust and authority will only generate a more positive attitude towards your landscaping business.
3. SEO Is Not Going Anywhere
The online world is not only prominent now but will continually grow. The trend of potential customers looking for home services online is here to stay as our society evolves into an extremely technologically advanced culture. Investing in SEO is a great way to utilize your marketing budget, as you know it will help set up success for years to come.
You Should Consider Landscaping SEO Services If…
You Don’t Have Google Maps Listings for All Your Locations
It’s important to take a step back and see if your customers are able to find all your landscaping locations on Google Maps. If not, it’s time to do so, as this is an essential step when marketing your landscaping services locally. Potential customers should be able to search “landscaping services near me” and find your business.
And as those potential customers search for terms related to your business, you’ll need to show up in the vaunted Google Local Map Pack, which you’ve likely seen if you’ve done any local searches yourself. An effective local SEO strategy – which includes work on both your site and Google Business Profile – will be able to move your landscaping business up in the local search rankings and, ultimately, into Google’s Map Pack, where more customers are sure to find you.
You Aren’t Competing Locally With Other Landscaping Companies
The practices performed as part of local SEO are toward specific regions, which is important for landscaping companies trying to attract mainly local customers. We can ensure that your SEO landscaping campaign will be custom-made toward the different goals your business wants to see. Some examples of local SEO include optimizing your Google Business Profile, writing landing pages for different locations, and getting rid of spam competition on Google Maps.
You Aren’t Collecting Reviews Online
During SEO campaigns, especially localized campaigns, we highly encourage the businesses we work with to ask customers to leave feedback on their Google Business Profile. It has been shown through our team’s research that the number of reviews and ratings you have can really influence your local rankings. Reviews are so beneficial because it increases trust and credibility, influences purchasing decisions, generates leads, and much more.
Your Websites Load Time Is Too Slow
There are a variety of technical aspects that can come into play when determining a website’s overall strength. One of these aspects is your website’s load time. It’s essential to ensure your website’s speed is fast and efficient because, let’s be honest, no one is going to wait long periods of time for a webpage to load.
You Haven’t Cleaned Up Your Citations
There are various platforms online that operate in the same fashion as the “yellow pages” once did. If any of your landscaping locations have changed any information regarding your business’s address, phone numbers, or other important information, it might be beneficial to look into if any sites online need to be updated to ensure potential customers can find you in an easy and efficient way.
Landscaping SEO and Other Key Online Marketing Channels
Our team of experts at Sixth City Marketing is here to help you. We do so by providing digital marketing tools and advice from over 25 years of combined experience in the field. We’ll craft an entirely custom SEO strategy, as well as help your business meet its goals, increase overall success, and further measure improvements.
Your landscaping business’s overall growth starts with learning some digital marketing best practices. With that in mind, some of the essential and most common digital marketing services that you can incorporate into your strategy include:
- Conversion Optimization – Strategic content creation, page design, user experience, and more
- Website Design and Development – Designing user-friendly websites to make sure your goals are achieved
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing – Targeted paid ads through Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook, and Instagram
- Email Marketing – Writing, designing, and scheduling all with the goal of reaching your target audience
- Social Media Marketing – Content creation, scheduling, and monitoring
- Consulting and Auditing – Revamping and advancing search engine and web positioning
- HubSpot Marketing – A cohesive platform to help with digital marketing initiatives
Don’t know which SEO or overall digital marketing strategies are right for you and your business? Our team wants to help you; please feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have, as we can help advise you on potential strategies going forward.
A Few of Our SEO Success Stories
Not only have we done SEO for landscaping companies with the focus of delivering the best results, but we’ve also helped many other industries as well with their local and national SEO strategies.
Some of our case studies and results include:
National Church Residences
- 295% increase in conversions
- 96% increase in organic search traffic
- 138% increase in overall traffic
- Boosted monthly leads by 314%
- Improved overall traffic by 402%
- Increased organic traffic by 50%
- 48% uptick in overall website traffic
- 12% traffic increase from organic
- 58% increase in new website visits
Why You Should Choose Sixth City Marketing for Your Landscaping SEO Campaign
Our in-house team at Sixth City has 25+ years of combined experience in a variety of digital marketing services. We know that there are numerous factors that you look at when choosing an agency to handle SEO for landscapers, and we can guarantee that we’ll give you a full range of services to meet any of your landscaping SEO needs. Sixth City stands apart from any other digital marketing agency because:
- Providing the highest quality of work is our number one priority
- We design specific campaigns tailored to your goals and audience – everything is unique!
- We are driven by results, and your goals are our goals
- We care about the long-term, so we will supply you with a strategy that will continue to work
- The Sixth City team has a wealth of experience working with clients in many industries, delivering real results
- We can serve you no matter where you are located, with offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Houston
Types of Lawn Care and Maintenance Companies We Can Help
We know that many landscaping businesses offer more than one service, especially as the seasons change, so we can help whether you offer residential or commercial work such as:
- General maintenance
- Snow removal
- Tree/shrub planting
- Pest control
- Anything else!
Our Approach to SEO for Lawn Care and Landscaping Companies
Our ultimate goal is to improve the overall business for your company. Quality is our highest priority, and our team will create an approach with this in mind. Here’s how we can help you:
- Keyword research – This is focused on your goals and the search terms you want your target audience to find you for, especially from a locally-based perspective.
- User-friendly site – We can help you design a site that is easy to navigate via desktop, mobile, or tablet.
- Content writing – Sixth City will curate content that will be valuable in the eyes of Google and other search engines. Our writing includes content for websites, social media posts, and emails. Proper local content on your site is vital when trying to reach potential customers in a specific market.
- Analysis of our efforts – To measure our campaign strategy, we can evaluate how well your landscaping SEO is working through Google Analytics and other metrics.
How We Show Results
We show our landscaping SEO results through:
- Increases in overall leads, both online and by phone, through Google Analytics
- Boosting of keyword positions in your targeted markets
- Traffic improvement from search engines or paid channels through Google Analytics
- Decreases in cost-per-lead metrics
Through the combination of all of these metrics, we can gauge the effectiveness of our SEO campaign strategies.
“The team at Sixth City Marketing is a customer focused, forward-thinking team. They present a laid-back but professional environment that makes them feel as though they are an extension of your team. On top of the services they provide, they also provide education to continue maximizing your brand’s awareness and clout. With focus on SEO and customer conversions they strive to make the most of the resources you’re putting towards your websites and marketing. Most of all this team is trustworthy and I truly feel has their clients back.” – David Jeffries, Ohio HD Video and Cine Rental
Get Your Free SEO Evaluation Today!
If you want to generate revenue for your company online, Sixth City can help curate quality landscaping SEO tactics for you to use. We want to understand your specific goals and are dedicated to meeting your needs. Reach out today to start working with our team!