Increase Your Sales with a Customized IT and Tech SEO Campaign
Updated on 03/27/2023
We see it all the time – IT and tech companies doing SEO tactics that are outdated or have negative impacts on their rankings within search engines. This includes everything from duplicate page content to black-hat link building to even syndicated blogs.
SEO for tech companies is always changing and you deserve a digital marketing agency that stays ahead of the curve on all things SEO.
Introducing Sixth City Marketing, a full-service SEO agency with experience helping IT and tech companies like yours.
“I’ve worked with Sixth City Marketing on several projects over the past several years and have always found them to be a terrific resource. Not only have they helped my clients realize an exceptional website, but their SEO programs have helped them to be placed high in the rankings of the search engines, both organically and paid. I’d very much recommend Sixth City Marketing when you are ready to take the next step in your web-based marketing program.” – Kim Kershner, Stellar Tech
What Is SEO for Tech and IT Companies?
Search engine optimization (SEO) involves the practice of increasing organic leads, traffic, and rankings on search engines such as Google or Bing. All these factors make your website more visible to the public eye, which is the overall goal when implementing an SEO strategy. This allows you to engage with potential customers who can ultimately result in becoming consistent clients.
How SEO Results Are Shown
As a business ourselves, we understand that ROI in SEO services is going to be top of mind. To illustrate our efforts, we compile important data in our monthly reports, such as:
- Traffic and new user increases
- Conversions (web leads/phone calls)
- Lead source data from conversions
- Keyword position changes
- Newly acquired links
- New social media followers
- Other data specific to your unique campaign
10 Ways IT and Tech Companies Benefit From SEO
You may be wondering what we can do to assist with your IT company’s SEO efforts. Here are a few tactics our team can implement while working with you throughout the span of your digital marketing campaign:
- Refreshing Content – When was the last time you updated your website? What about service pages? Keeping content fresh and full of top-ranking keywords is one of the main, and most successful, SEO tactics a tech company can employ.
- Strong Backlinks – In order to beat your competition, you need a strong and healthy website in the eyes of Google and other search engines. One way to get that is through link building. SEO strategists will utilize proven and creative ways to get high-quality links to your website.
- Site Condensing – From 404s to PDFs, there is likely a range of content types on your site no longer in use that is weighing down your website’s health. Thorough site analysis will highlight these issues and allow us to create a plan of action to resolve them.
- Metadata Optimization – Did you know you can control the page title and descriptions that show up for your pages on search engines? It’s possible with metadata. Write and add keyword-optimized metadata to all the pages on your site to give yourself a boost.
- Design Changes – Getting people to find your website is one thing, but if they do not have easy ways to get in contact with you, you could lose out on potential sales. Our developers recommend implementing changes that are designed to convert.
- Goal Tracking – It’s hard to see the success of any marketing campaign unless you have a way to track it. Set up Google Analytics and goal tracking for form submissions and phone calls as metrics of your IT company’s SEO success.
- Blog Writing – Having a blog opens the doors to expanding on the current content of your website, such as writing helpful articles for those searching for your services and more. For example, topics like “how do I prevent my business from being hacked?” could lead someone to invest in your services after reading more information on the topic.
- Internal Linking – Did you know that Google values the effort you put into strategically linking to other internal pages? Not only does it help usability, but it also increases the strength of your site.
- Website Improvements – There are various opportunities to help the health of your IT/tech website in terms of improving its SEO, from adding schema markup to increasing site speed and more.
- Local Improvements – If you happen to be a locally-focused business, your local web presence is of chief importance. Implementing off-page local SEO tactics such as Google Business Profile optimization and maintenance, citation creation, and more can help.
We also recommend additional services alongside our IT company SEO services, such as conversion optimization, email marketing, pay per click, paid social media, social media marketing, CRM consulting, HubSpot marketing, and website design.
Overall, we want to deliver the best results when it comes to our marketing services. Contact our team directly to learn more about the diverse array of offerings that we have for IT and tech companies.
Search Engine Optimization FAQs
As you research SEO services for your tech or IT company, we understand that you may not be familiar with all the terms that get mentioned. To help educate you, here are some of the most common questions we get:
- What is link building?
Link building is the process of linking your website to other high-authority websites across the internet. This can boost your status in the eyes of search engines as they see your site get links from reputable sources. We have a creative approach to link building that can enhance your backlink profile.
- What are citations?
Much like citations in a book report, citations are prominent mentions on the web from resources of value that are relevant to your industry and services. Places such as Google My Business, Facebook, Yelp, AngiesList, and other directories are just some high-level examples of citations we focus on.
- What is the difference between normal SEO and local SEO?
There isn’t much of a difference between the two, besides the fact that the targeting is different, as normal SEO has the goal of ranking nationally. Local SEO is focused on getting your rank higher in your preferred location through an adjusted strategy approach.
- What types of SEO are there?
There are four main types of SEO known within the industry include the following: On-page, off-page, technical, and local:
- Off-page SEO
Conducting search engine optimization off-page encompasses everything we do to enhance your website off-site. So instead of on-page SEO such as content, keywords, and more, off-page SEO includes things like link building, citation management, directory profile creation, and other aspects.
- On-page SEO
This type of SEO deals with your own website, as well as the direct changes you can make to it to improve your search engine rankings. This can include metadata, content writing, headers, photos, videos, and internal links that can help drive more traffic to your site.
- Technical SEO
When we go to improve the overall technical SEO of your website, we look at factors such as image size and format, site loading speed, redirects page structure, canonicals, and user experience.
- Off-page SEO
What’s Your Website’s Current SEO Grade?
Are you wondering about the current equity of your SEO efforts? Answer the questions below to give your site a quick assessment of where it stands currently:
- Where does your website rank compared to your competitors?
- When was the last time you uploaded new content to your site?
- Does your homepage include your main keywords and services?
- Do you have content targeting your service area locations?
- How many mentions or links do you have on the web?
- How many seconds does it take for your website to load?
- What size are the images on your website?
- Do all of your web pages have unique titles and descriptions?
- Do your pages actively and successfully link to other pages on your site?
- Is your contact page easily accessible? Do you have forms on your pages?
These are just some of the things we look at during your strategy sessions to analyze your current presence and efforts online. Be sure to use the form above to claim your free IT company SEO evaluation today.
Types of IT and Tech Companies We Help
We are able to assist a wide array of tech-related companies in their SEO efforts, including those who provide their customers:
- Managed services
- Cloud services
- Help desk
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Network security
- Business intelligence
- Data analytics
- Much more
Get to Know Sixth City Marketing
We are a boutique digital marketing agency located in the Midwest, with offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Houston. We excel in a variety of services all centered around helping businesses thrive.
Our in-house staff has 25+ years of collective experience with strategy, content writing, developing, designing, and more, meaning you are getting to work with a top-notch team of SEO professionals.
At the end of the day, our goal is, and will always be, to help you get the best results when it comes to your SEO campaign.
Beyond Our Work for Tech Services
At Sixth City, we have the pleasure of providing our SEO services to a variety of industries. Those industries include but are not exclusive to the following:
Since the company’s inception in 2010, we have been able to assist in digital marketing initiatives for many companies and organizations. To learn more about the companies that have partnered with us, please visit our page showing who we’ve worked with.
“I’ve worked with the team at Sixth City Marketing for about a year now, and they have been very helpful in improving my website’s visibility. The team is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are also easily accessible by phone or email, and respond quickly; the customer service is what separates them from the pack.” – David Kozak, Kozak Micro Adjusters
Get Started Today with IT Company SEO Services
Allow Our Team to Help Build You a Pipeline of Qualified Leads
If you are looking to increase your ranking in search engines and improve your overall online presence, let the team at Sixth City Marketing give you the knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
Use the form above or feel free to head over to our contact page to reach out for additional information. We look forward to working with you!