Updated on 03/23/2023
As the technological world continues to advance, the need for increased digital marketing efforts for your business becomes more and more crucial. If you want your company to be able to reach your target market online and be noticed by your desired clientele, let us serve as a guide to long-lasting results.
At Sixth City Marketing, we want to offer tips, tricks, and strategies to navigate digital marketing for your tech company, helping you reach your goals, increase leads and sales, and improve your overall business. Our digital marketing team can even create and execute a unique online marketing strategy that will take your business to the next level.
Learn more about digital marketing for the technology industry, as well as some of the industry’s most frequently asked questions, from our informational guide below.
“Sixth City has done an excellent job in keeping our digital strategy ahead of the curve. Through a consistent evolution of our channel driven content and measurement we have been able to optimize (and even reduce) our spend over time while continually increasing quality lead generation. The team is extremely knowledgeable, personable, and responsive and a pleasure to work with.” – Scott Eagle, LORD Corporation
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing can be considered the utilization of various media channels and strategies in order to market your company, product, or service online. Some of the most popular modes of digital marketing include the following:
When a digital marketing campaign is effectively implemented, results can consist of an increase in traffic to your website, more qualified leads, and ultimately more business and sales.
How Does Digital Marketing Apply to Tech Companies?
With these key statistics in mind, it is important to note that not just technology and IT companies, but all businesses, should be properly marketing themselves so they can avoid falling to the second page of Google. Digital marketing will allow IT companies and tech businesses of all kinds to develop more of an online presence and engage with potential customers, ultimately leading to more sales and revenue.
Why Invest in Digital Marketing?
Let’s Look at the Facts
We understand that choosing to partner with a marketing agency to bring your business success can be a hard decision. Allow us to ease your mind with the help of these digital marketing statistics:
- Leads from SEO have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound and traditional marketing leads have a 1.7% close rate (Search Engine Land)
- 93% of all interactions on the internet start with a search engine (Imforza)
- 88% of users don’t return to a website following a bad experience (Sweor)
- 70% of users want to learn about products through content versus traditional advertisements (MDG Advertising)
Frequently Asked Questions About Digital Marketing for Technology Companies
Wondering about the ins and outs of digital marketing, as well as the facets that are incorporated into the practice? Here are some of the industry’s most commonly asked questions.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of ranking your website on search engines. As you begin to rank as a site for a diverse range of keywords, you will start to see an increase in organic traffic that comes to your website, which can then lead to potential customers.
The four main types of SEO that you can incorporate into your digital marketing strategy are on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and local SEO.
What are keywords?
Keywords are specific words and phrases that searchers will use to type into a search engine in order to find informative, relevant content. Keywords can also be one or two words, or they can even be longer phrases and questions depending on what you are wanting to target.
If your company is considering local SEO in your digital marketing strategy, your keywords can even include the specific area that you want to target to make it more localized.
Why isn’t my website ranking in Google even if I updated the content?
If you are not seeing your website ranking on Google, there is no need to worry. It might take a couple of weeks for your website to be crawled and indexed by search engines. Though it may take some time, the impact of finally ranking on Google is a long-term goal that will have a positive lasting impact for your business for years to come.
Should I implement SEO, PPC, or both?
We would definitely recommend using multiple modes of digital marketing. This tactic will help you avoid having to rely on a specific medium for traffic and leads. With that in mind, our team suggests that long-term SEO and ongoing PPC campaigns are incorporated into your strategy.
Have any additional questions? If so, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experts directly, as we are here to help you!
A Dedicated Tech Marketing Company
Who We Help
- Software/SaaS – Having potential customers find your software services online can be a key way to expand your business. We can help ensure your site is found by your ideal customer.
- Technical Products – If you run an ecommerce website that sells your tech products, we can apply a special set of strategies that are proven to help increase online sales.
- IT Services – In today’s day and age, security online is more important than ever. And as a service provider, we can help build up your clientele through a variety of channels.
Our Technology Marketing Services
If you want your business to reach new heights online, we can help you. At Sixth City Marketing, we are skilled in a variety of technology marketing services that can be implemented to increase the profitability of your company’s digital presence. Our services include:
- Search Engine Optimization– We work to obtain qualified leads, increase sales, and improve your overall digital media presence through various methods to improve your rankings on search engines. Some tactics utilized in SEO are content optimization, technical adjustments, link building, and more.
- Website Design and Development– Well-designed websites serve as the foundation for your business’s online presence. Our team can create a custom site to serve your goals and target audience that is up-to-date and easy for you to use.
- Pay-Per-Click– Our PPC campaigns include ad copywriting, keyword analysis, auditing, overall management, and much more. We will develop a custom strategy to produce an increase in leads for your business.
- Social Media Marketing– Audience engagement and an effective social media presence are key components in the success of your business. We can craft, edit, and upload posts to your channels of choice to highlight key attributes of your business.
- Email Marketing – Whether it’s introducing new products or features, keeping your customers in the loop on industry news, or anything else, our team can write and schedule out emails to your existing and potential customer base to drive qualified clicks to your site.
- HubSpot Marketing – If you are looking to introduce your sales team to a well-rounded CRM, or are already using HubSpot but are looking for additional assistance with all of its capabilities, we would be happy to help.
We Can Report and Measure Your Improvement
One of the best aspects of working with our team is the monthly reporting we provide, allowing us to analyze the key metrics of your campaign performance. We create these reports so that they may be quickly read and understood.
Our tech marketing reports include:
- A brief summary of the work our team completed that month
- Website traffic changes
- PPC campaign results
- Keyword ranking changes
- Influence of social media outreach
We want to make sure that we are implementing the optimal marketing strategies for your goals and yielding the best possible results for your company.
Our Experience in Technology Industry Marketing
We have significant experience serving as a technology marketing company, having worked with businesses that concentrate in offering advanced communication software, custom business IT solutions, consulting, and network security.
If you’re looking for a digital marketing agency to boost your tech company to its fullest potential, we are the right choice for you.
Work With the Right Marketing Company
There is no shortage of digital marketing agencies for your company to choose from, but finding the right agency that best fits your business’s needs is very important if you want your campaigns to succeed.
We guarantee that each of our clients is provided with a customized strategy that coincides with the target audience and goals of their organization. Our diligent, in-house team will work closely with you to address your technology marketing needs, giving you the full attention and focus you deserve to achieve success.
“I’ve worked with Sixth City Marketing on several projects over the past several years and have always found them to be a terrific resource. Not only have they helped my clients realize an exceptional website, but their SEO programs have helped them to be placed high in the rankings of the search engines, both organically and paid. I’d very much recommend Sixth City Marketing when you are ready to take the next step in your web-based marketing program.” – Kim Kershner, Stellar Tech
Get to Know Sixth City Marketing
Established in 2010, Sixth City Marketing has been able to help businesses in a wide array of industries meet their marketing goals and increase their sales.
Our staff is all in-house, allowing us to provide higher-quality work for our clients. And with our team’s varied background, in areas such as writing, strategy, and account management, you will receive well-rounded services that are able to adapt to your unique goals.
With offices located in Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, we are able to not only help businesses located in the Midwest but all over the U.S. by way of virtual meetings and weekly conference calls to discuss key data.
Overall, our main goal while working on your campaign is to give you results through our hard work and dedication to getting your digital marketing where it needs to be. And you can always trust that our transparent communication will allow us to build a solid relationship with your business that can last for years to come.
Need Effective Technology Marketing? Contact Us Today!
At Sixth City Marketing, we can help your technology company increase business revenue and improve your digital marketing efforts. Be sure to reach out to our team today to learn more about all we can provide. We look forward to working with you!