Updated on 06/27/2023
Are you looking to enhance your online presence and get more clients for your law firm? Implementing a strategic digital marketing campaign can make the difference between a stagnant business and an influx of clients coming through the door.
Let’s say you’re trying to get more clients for the commercial litigation sector of your business. You’re probably wondering how you can make sure your business shows up at the top of search engines when potential clients search for something like “commercial litigation lawyer near me.” Your digital marketing strategy will allow you to target specific services just like that in order to increase your relevant online rankings.
If you’re thinking about taking the next step towards getting your business widely known across the internet, keep reading for an in-depth guide to growing your law firm’s digital presence.
What Is Digital Marketing for Law Firms?
Digital marketing is the process of utilizing various online strategies that work together to increase brand awareness, the number of qualified leads, and overall business/sales growth. This process allows you to target and interact with a new audience on a local or national scale that you wouldn’t otherwise market to.
Not only does digital marketing serve as a successful long-term strategy, but it will help you to attract more clients, generate additional revenue, and expand your clientele.
Some of the strategies involved in digital marketing include:
- Search engine optimization
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Website design and development
- Conversion rate optimization
- Social media marketing
When a digital marketing strategy is successful, you will find that your business is showing up at the top of search results on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Keep in mind, digital marketing is not a simple process that happens overnight. It requires a detailed and strategic process that needs to be frequently monitored and measured, but will ultimately give you the best results and a leg up on your competition.
Why You Need Law Firm Marketing
If you work in the legal services industry, you’ve probably learned that you need a strong digital presence in today’s competitive business environment. With so many law firms competing for the same clients, you need to stand out from the crowd.
Prior to the digital age, law firms would rely on word-of-mouth marketing in addition to more traditional techniques such as newspaper ads, billboards, and radio/television ads. While all of those are still important, digital marketing has exploded in value, as law firm websites have quickly become a lawyer’s most cost-effective marketing tool.
At Sixth City Marketing, we provide digital marketing for law firms to help them reach their goals, increase leads and clients, and, as a result, improve overall business.
Law Firm Digital Marketing: Where to Start
Now that we’ve gone over the basics of digital marketing and all of the possible strategies that can be implemented for your law firm, you’re probably asking yourself, “Where do I start?”
At Sixth City Marketing, we have 12+ years of experience in the digital marketing industry – which includes working with a variety of different law firms around the country – and are here to provide you with the knowledge and tools to get started. Here are recommendations on where to start to make your law firm’s digital marketing strategy a success:
Create Keyword-Optimized Site Content
In order to create optimized site content, you’ll need to identify the keywords that apply to your business. More specifically, your law firm’s keywords are going to be words and phrases, also known as search queries, that your clients are searching online to find law firms such as yours.
After identifying your keywords, we recommend doing a thorough analysis of your website to make sure there is between 500-1,000 words of unique, keyword-optimized copy on every page. This is important because Google is looking for high-quality, authoritative content when crawling, indexing, and ranking your site’s pages.
To fully take advantage of an SEO strategy for your law firm, we recommend creating separate pages for each and every service you provide, as this will better help Google crawl your site and determine which pages should rank for certain keywords.
In addition to optimizing your site copy, you’ll also want to consider these SEO tactics:
- Claim your Google Business Profile and add all of your law firm’s information
- Add a unique meta title and meta description to each page of your site
- Work through your website to internally link all of your most important and relevant pages
- Reach out to local organizations and other credible sites to build a backlink profile
Implement a Pay-Per-Click Advertising Campaign
Pay-per-click advertising can be an extremely beneficial strategy for law firms when you’re trying to get more leads for a specific service you offer. As we briefly mentioned above, you have the ability to set up ad campaigns for different services, such as divorce and dissolution, real estate, probate, corporate law, estate planning, etc.
Essentially, the overall goal of a PPC campaign is to target specific keywords through advertisements to bring in qualified leads. Before diving into a PPC campaign, there are a few things to consider, including:
- Are your selected keywords applicable to your practice areas?
- What is the search volume for your keywords?
- How much are you willing to spend on your campaign?
- Are you targeting a local, regional, or national audience?
- What are the keywords your competitors are targeting?
Perform a Technical Analysis of Your Site
Taking a big-picture look at your overall website is a step in digital marketing that is often overlooked. While the visual appearance of your website is important for readability, there are additional site updates that can immensely benefit your overall digital marketing campaign.
Some of the technical steps you can take to improve your site include:
- Redirect any 404 errors found throughout the website
- Add a call to action on every page and blog post
- Implement proper backend page structure (H1 and H2 headers)
- Eliminate any duplicate content
Additional Digital Marketing Strategies for Law Firms
Here are a few quick ways we can improve your digital marketing efforts:
- Write helpful, relevant and industry-specific content on your website
- Implement Google Analytics on your website to better understand which pages and types of content perform best
- Enable goal tracking with lead source capabilities to track ROI
- Ensure listings on Google, Bing, Yelp, AngiesList, and other local resources are optimized properly
- Create targeted Google Ads and Facebook campaigns to reach your core audience using demographic filters
- Design landing pages that are user-friendly and convert highly
- Build more links to your website to increase authority
- Optimize social media platforms to help build your brand
- Implement technologies such as schema, LiveChat, and CallRail that produce more leads
- Create listings on national legal directories to help you be found
- Maintain your blog to keep content refreshed and drive traffic
Sixth City Can Help Bring in More Cases for Your Law Firm
Are you searching for the most effective way to increase relevant leads from your website? Our team of digital marketing experts at Sixth City Marketing can help you. We have experience working with a variety of industries and our services can be customized to meet the needs of any business.
If you are a law firm searching for a digital marketing agency, choose Sixth City Marketing. Whether your law firm is currently utilizing digital marketing or is just starting out, we will help you meet your goals.
“John was someone who came highly recommended to me for digital marketing and SEO. To my surprise he was easily accessible for a telephone appointment. Although I expected his knowledge of a SEO to be far beyond mine (it is) he was also able to speak to me at a level I could understand. He seemed interested in making clear how he could help me and not overpromising. He seems to be a much more straightforward marketing asset that I am used to dealing with. Thank you John!” – Brandon Shroy, Attorney at Law
Essential Digital Marketing Services We Can Provide to Your Law Firm
- Search Engine Optimization– With an expert team of in-house writers and editors, we can help you craft thoroughly optimized copy for your website. Well-written and informative website content is key to showing your prospects that you are an industry leader, and it can work in conjunction with other SEO tactics to improve rankings.
- Local Marketing – We understand that you want to establish a name for your firm in your local area, and we have a set of tactics that can help ensure your presence is known. From optimizing local listings to getting links from other local businesses and more, we can help.
- Pay Per Click– Pay-per-click ads are a fantastic way to reach your target market and increase the number of qualified leads you receive. When someone needs a lawyer, they will most likely browse the internet for options, so make sure you are one of the first they see with pay-per-click ads.
- Website Design and Development– Our team can design a custom site just for your business in WordPress, Drupal, or whichever content management system you prefer. Additionally, during site redesigns, we incorporate proven marketing tactics with strong calls to action to get you an influx of new clients. For a professional law firm, you want your website to showcase your expertise to prospective clients, and we can help you accomplish that.
- Social Media Marketing– The social media team at Sixth City Marketing will write, edit, and post updates on your social media profiles. We can share posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or any other social media platform you’re on. Additionally, we can help you increase your company’s social following and overall brand awareness.
- Email Marketing – Leveraging the content we produce on the internet alongside using your current sales funnel, we will send out helpful tips, important updates on your firm, and more to help encourage engagement and lead people closer to becoming clients.
Results You Can See and Understand
Digital marketing is ideal because it’s measurable. With data that is easy to track, you can quickly see the results of your digital marketing efforts.
Having the tools and platforms in place to accurately track the results of your digital marketing campaign is crucial to continued success. Not only will these metrics show you what is working well, but they will also show you the areas that need improvement and where to pivot.
At Sixth City Marketing, we provide all of our clients with monthly reports that are easy to understand and show results. Your monthly report will consist of an overview of the work we have completed that month, how site traffic has changed, the extent of your social media outreach, and how your PPC campaign is performing.
Some of the key metrics we look at to show results include:
- Increased overall leads via both online form submissions and phone calls
- Improved keyword positions in SEO campaigns
- Decreased cost-per-lead metrics in paid campaigns
We focus on measurement to ensure that the marketing tactics we implement are effective and giving you the results you want to see.
5 Things Other Marketing Agencies Don’t Tell You
- Location matters – When it comes to local search, proximity matters, and the location of your office can impact results.
- Reviews count – Collecting real reviews from clients helps show search engines you’re reputable.
- SEO is the long game – It can take months for some SEO tactics to show results, but once they do, they last for years to come.
- Old tactics hurt – If you invested in cut-rate marketing services in the past, the work they’ve done could be having a negative impact.
- Outdate sites hold you back – Having an older website that loads slowly, features poor user experience, and harbors other issues could be what is holding back your rankings.
Why Sixth City Is the Right Choice for Law Firm Digital Marketing
At Sixth City Marketing, we focus on quality. Instead of flooding you with tons of irrelevant leads, we provide you with qualified leads that are likely to lead to conversions and become loyal clients.
Additionally, we know that digital marketing is not a one-size-fits-all affair, which is why we create a 100% unique strategy for all our clients. We work with you closely throughout the entire process, ensuring that we are heading towards achieving your specific goals.
We’ve been doing digital marketing since 2010 and our team has 25+ years of collective experience. Additionally, while we are headquartered in Cleveland, we have expanded into markets including Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh. No matter where your law firm is located, though, we can work with you.
Our entire team is in-house; we don’t outsource our work. We have a fantastic team of digital marketing experts who create, review, and implement content and campaigns.
Honest communication is important to us, and you can trust that we report real data and are always transparent in our communication.
We’re always aware of new changes in the industry, which helps us stay on top of our marketing game.
Alongside producing results, our main focus is to build long-standing relationships.
Our team can make changes on the fly to ensure you are happy.
“John and the team at Sixth City Marketing has delivered on everything they promised. From the time we started working with them until now, our leads have tripled. We’ve worked with them in many areas including PPC, SEO, website design and social media marketing. I would HIGHLY recommend John and the team at Sixth City Marketing.” – Lisa Calovini, Shini USA
Searching for Reliable Law Firm Marketing?
Choose Sixth City Marketing
As a leading marketing agency for lawyers, we will help your law firm look its best online and position you in front of the people who need your help. Contact us today!