Increase Your Online Presence with Custom Digital Marketing Strategies for Senior Living Communities
Updated on 1/31/2024
Are you looking to reach a wider audience within your target market? Implementing a strategic and successful digital marketing plan will lead to an influx of leads and have your phone ringing off the hook in your senior living community.
Not sure where to start? No problem, because Sixth City Marketing is here to provide you with a guide to retirement community digital marketing, which will give you the foundation you need to get your name out there.Start Getting More Residents
What Is Senior Living Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a process and strategy that businesses use to connect with their potential customers online using various forms of digital communication. Digital marketing can take on many forms, including search engine optimization, pay-per-click, social media, website design, conversion optimization, and more.
Why Is Retirement Community Digital Marketing Important?
In this day and age, social media and online usage has become the norm, meaning traditional marketing techniques alone won’t cut it in reaching your audience anymore. You may be thinking that the older generations aren’t utilizing the internet, but digital marketing allows you to create a direct connection with an older adult or their children, who might be looking for your services on their behalf.
In some cases, seniors have the help of children, friends, or other family to assist in their decision on where to live next. That is why utilizing a digital marketing strategy will help to communicate your offerings and value to potential residents.
Over the years, electronic devices have transformed the way people interact and how businesses operate. It is important that you stay up-to-date and even ahead of the digital market to make sure your business is at the top of every type of senior living-related Google search.
A Guide to Improving Your Senior Living Digital Marketing
As mentioned above, there are a wide variety of strategies that can be implemented to enhance your online presence. We’re here to share our knowledge and expertise to help your senior care facility succeed in its online digital marketing efforts.
Here are four strategies you can implement right off the bat to enhance your senior care digital marketing:
Write unique page copy
One of the greatest opportunities to increase your online presence is ensuring that each page has unique copy. Google is constantly crawling websites to identify what pages should be displayed on search engines and we’ve found that Google does not reward duplicate content. Take some time to review each page and make sure the content is educational and contains at least 500 words.
Identify applicable keywords
Keywords are going to be industry-related terms that your potential customers are typing in Google searches. For example, “senior living community near me” is a typical search query for this industry, meaning you’ll want to use that term in your website copy. You’ll want to put together a list of highly-searched terms and phrases that you can use throughout your unique page copy to ensure potential residents are finding your website.
Enhance user experience
As mentioned above, digital technology has become increasingly popular in the last few years, and it is your job to make sure potential customers are able to easily navigate your site once they get there. Not only can this be a major conversion tool, but it will allow potential customers to clearly see what you offer and how to get in touch with you.
Update customer reviews
Often overlooked, customer reviews play a huge role in digital marketing, especially in the senior living industry where local searches have more relevance. Reviews will help to build the credibility and trust factors that potential customers need to choose your facility. Display these reviews on your Google Business Profile, as well as throughout your site, to show people how your current residents feel about you.
Additional Tips for Enhancing Your Senior Living Digital Marketing
In addition to the tips provided above, here are a few additional quick tips to help improve your senior living digital marketing:
- Utilize social media to show you are active in the local community
- Create relevant and useful web content for your site, including helpful blog posts on topics such as transitioning to senior care, things to do around your community, and more
- Target your Facebook and Google Ads campaigns to your core audience using age and location filters
- Implement Google Analytics on your site to see which pages and types of content perform best.
We Can Help Your Retirement & Assisted Living Communities Get More Residents Online
Seniors have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a retirement or senior living community. Even if you provide excellent service and offer a comfortable facility with a range of amenities, unless seniors know about you, your efforts will be for naught.
We have experience supplying digital marketing for senior living facilities through search engine optimization, paid advertising, social media, and a variety of other services. All of these services can help to showcase your community and all it can provide for the seniors and families searching online for locations just like yours.
Let’s take a moment to look at all the marketing solutions we can offer your facility.
“Sixth City Marketing provides National Church Residences with a full range of services including website design/administration/management, digital marketing, search engine optimization, analytics/metrics/reporting, and much more. Their excellent customer service, speedy turnaround times, and expert advice makes them a valued extension of our in-house team!” – National Church Residences
Strategic Marketing for All Types of Senior Living Communities
Not only do we specialize in retirement community digital marketing, but we also are able to put our skills to use for senior living services such as:
- Assisted living
- Independent living
- Memory care
- And everything in between
We understand the essential terms and tactics that can be used to target your desired audience, making sure the content we produce for you gets in front of the right people.
How We Provide Impactful Senior Living Digital Marketing Solutions
- Content Creation – With our in-house staff of writers and editors, we can craft new copy for key pages on your website, such as your homepage and services, to help improve traffic. We can also write blog posts around your offerings, relay advice for seniors, post updates on local events, and much more.
- Pay Per Click – A great way to get exposure and put your company in front of the right audience is through paid online marketing, otherwise known as PPC (pay-per-click). We can run ads targeting your ideal customer on Google, Bing, and social media, and strategize a custom solution for your community’s needs, which can help increase leads.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Alongside content creation, part of our search engine optimization efforts include making strategic adjustments to your website through adding calls to action, web forms, metadata, schema, and more, all to better enhance your presence online on search engines.
- Website Design and Development – Is your website stuck back in 1999? We can help. Our team can design a custom site just for your business in WordPress, Drupal, or whatever content management system you prefer. And during site redesigns, we utilize proven marketing tactics incorporating strong calls to action to get you an influx of new residents.
- Social Media – Our social media team can write, edit, and post updates for your desired social media outlets, whether those are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or others. We can also help build your online presence and social followings.
- Email Marketing – In order to expand your customer base, we can additionally write, design, and send out emails to your desired list of residents in order to help promote your community and offerings.
- CRM Marketing – If you are utilizing a CRM such as HubSpot, we can help integrate its various features such as web forms, live chat bots, and more on your website.
- Consulting and Auditing – Alongside providing digital marketing services, we can also help your marketing team take a deep dive into the current structure of your website, content, and more to make strategic suggestions to improve your current tactics.
More on the Senior Living Marketing Strategies We Implement
When deciding to work with our team, we want to tailor our internet marketing efforts to achieve the most success possible for you and your company. Whether you are looking to increase your sales or build overall brand awareness, our team is here to help you achieve your goals.
Some of the strategies that we can apply when it comes to senior care digital marketing include the following:
- Keyword analysis – We examine keywords with various search volumes and assess which to target to ensure that the pages of your website can bring in your ideal customer.
- Content writing and optimization – We consistently update and write new content for our clients’ top pages to guarantee they present the latest details on your offerings.
- Metadata optimization – Having optimized metadata is essential to having a fully optimized website. With the use of keywords, we will give your title tags and meta descriptions the attention they deserve.
- Blog post writing – When you have a blog on your website, you are able to expand on your overall website content, as well as rank higher for specific keywords and get more backlinks to your site.
- Guest blog post writing – Whether you are writing about specific tips or even personal resident stories, writing blog posts for other websites is a great way to keep your content fresh, get more backlinks, and obtain new users to your website.
- Citation creation – Having local citations from multiple websites can help improve the overall possibility to be found on various local search platforms.
- Competitor research – Looking into the competition allows us to fully understand why they are ranking higher for the terms and keywords related to your business. From there, we can work on our end to fill the gap.
- Unlinked mention link building–Much like local profile building, we want to ensure that your company is being listed properly across the web. For websites that have already mentioned your services without linking back to your site, we strive to get you the proper accreditation, thus boosting your online recognition.
- Local profile building – In order to boost your domain’s authority even further, we use websites such as Google and Bing to optimize your local profiles so you can be found by users looking for nearby senior living facilities within your area.
- Design for conversion – Our design for conversion tactics help your website convert leads at a higher rate. We know that getting traction to your website is one thing, but getting qualified leads to your site will make your brand more recognizable.
- Goal tracking – With the use of Google Analytics, we are able to measure your overall success in regards to everything that we do for your business, whether we are tracking the calls or forms submissions that you receive from your website.
These search engine optimization strategies, alongside our in-depth and personalized account management, work together to help you gain more residents.
Frequently Asked Questions About Digital Marketing
For those wondering if they want to take the next steps in investing in senior living marketing services, here are some frequently asked questions that can serve as a guide through the basics of digital marketing itself.
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is the practice of enhancing your online presence so your website performs better on search engines, such as Google, by increasing the quality of your site’s content, backlinks, technical aspects, and more.
What Is PPC?
PPC, also known as pay-per-click, is a type of paid online advertising where companies are charged for every user who clicks on their ads. Prices per click range based off of the keywords you are targeting, their search volume, and competition.
Why Do I Need Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing should be seen as an essential investment for your business as it can help produce more leads into your sales funnel, has lower costs than traditional marketing tactics, and is highly customizable and flexible.
We Can Report and Measure Your Online Marketing Improvements
One of the best parts of our marketing services for assisted living and retirement communities is that we offer monthly reports that you can actually understand.
We will send you a short monthly report that provides an overview of what work we have conducted that month, how traffic has changed on your site, the extent of your social media outreach, and how your PPC campaign is performing.
We place a lot of emphasis on measurement to ensure that the marketing tactics we use on your website are effective and giving you results!
The 5 Phases of Customized Senior Living Digital Marketing
- Research – We analyze your website, current keyword positions, and competitors to see what the best course of action is for your campaign
- Strategize – Our strategists work hard to craft a custom plan for each quarter to get you high-impact results
- Implement – Once we work with you to approve our strategies, our team of writers, developers, and marketing experts will execute the strategy
- Results – Every month, we send you a report on the progress of the campaign, conversions (form submissions and phone calls), and other important metrics
- Analyze, Adjust, Repeat – Being able to see the results of our efforts allows us to pivot strategically based on not only the data, but also your feedback on the leads we obtain for you
Our Experience in Digital Marketing for Senior Living Providers
We have considerable experience in working with a variety of retirement communities, making us a great choice for your senior living marketing needs!
In the past, we’ve worked extensively with National Church Residences, which has 340 retirement, assisting living, and memory care facilities within the United States and Puerto Rico.
Why You Should Choose Sixth City Marketing for Your Retirement Community Digital Marketing
Since 2010, we are proud to have grown and expanded in the world of digital marketing for our extensive clientele. On top of that, some of the benefits of working with us include the following:
- We’re focused on results – We always do our due diligence in being transparent with the data and success we track for you and your company in regards to our services. Helping you see a return on your investment is at the top of our minds.
- We don’t outsource – When it comes to creating a successful digital marketing strategy, you can trust our team to go the distance. As an in-house digital marketing agency, all our work, including strategy, writing, and further account management, in done by our highly skilled team.
- We have experience in diverse areas – Alongside helping senior living communities such as yours, we also have helped a wide variety of industries both B2C and B2B, which helps us keep an open mind when finding the best mix of tactics to help your campaign have success.
- We strive to build relationships – When it comes to working with clients, new or existing, we strive to build and maintain a strong and successful relationship. We want to see your business grow for years to come, as we hope to be a part in those goals being met.
- We are always growing and learning – Our team is consistently seeking out the most up-to-date digital marketing trends, so you can trust us to inform you on the latest SEO, PPC, and web design news.
- We serve nationally – Although our in-house digital marketing agency is located in Cleveland, Ohio, we also have locations in Columbus, Nashville, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. No matter where your business is located, our team can assist you with your digital marketing endeavors.
With more than 25 years of combined industry experience, let our team assist you with your digital marketing and strategy needs. To learn more about our team, please visit our about page.
“Sixth City Marketing has provided consulting, SEO and many other services to National Church Residences. The team has excellent advice and is very easy to work with.” – Karen Twinem, National Church Residences
Ready to Invest in Senior Living Digital Marketing?
We want to improve the marketing for your senior living facility, so be sure to contact us today to find out how we can help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in any way we can!