Updated on 05/18/2023
Are you looking for a way to get more qualified leads coming in the door and increasing overall sales revenue? Digital marketing is an extremely beneficial strategy to kickstart a flood of leads.
Whether you’re already running marketing efforts, or just starting your business, we’re here to provide you with helpful tips and strategies for starting or improving marketing for contractors.
What is Digital Marketing for Contractors?
Contractor digital marketing is the process of promoting your products or services through various digital channels. Part of this process is identifying your desired target audience and implementing multiple strategies to ensure your potential customers are aware of your products or services. These online campaigns can appear on various devices including a computer, phone, or tablet, and can take many forms including search engine optimization, paid social ads, email marketing, and social media posts.
If you’re in the business to grow your customer base and get the phone ringing, customized contractor digital marketing is the strategy for you. There are endless benefits that come with this approach and will ultimately increase your overall sales revenue.
Guide to Digital Marketing for Contractors
We often see that the practice of digital marketing is underutilized in the industry, and we’re here to provide you with some tips you can implement right off the bat to get a proper strategy in place.
When we strategize with contractors about their marketing, there are a few things we will do before anything else. Keep reading for four tips on how to get started on your contractor digital marketing.
1. Unique inner page content
Inner page content is known as the copy that is on the most important pages of your site, excluding the homepage, which is typically product or service pages. Oftentimes, this copy can be overlooked, but it is crucial to ensure these pages have at least 250+ words of unique and keyword-optimized content. Not only will this help Google understand the nature of the page, but it will drive traffic and leads to essential pages. Lastly, having a clear and visible ‘call to action’ is a MUST to allow customers to easily inquire about your offerings.
2. Website user experience
Another aspect of digital marketing that can be left unnoticed is user experience. Potential customers should be able to easily navigate throughout your site to find exactly what they’re looking for. Google can help visitors find your site, but it is your job to make sure they convert once they get there. One thing you should consider doing is a ‘design for conversion’ analysis. This is the process of looking at the site as a whole to make sure potential customers have a smooth user experience, are able to locate key pages, and can easily inquire about your services.
3. Opportunity for keyword implementation
Within marketing strategies, it is common to implement a search engine optimization campaign which helps your website rank better on search engines including Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Part of that process includes identifying a list of top keywords that you want to target that will bring potential customers to your site. These keywords should be utilized on all your main service pages, and can also be used when writing unique content for all the things you specialize in.
4. Technical healthiness of the site
Assessing the technical health of your site can be a bit more difficult compared to some of the above opportunities, but also has the potential to make the world of a difference in your efforts. Running a technical audit can increase the crawlability of site pages and allow Google to better understand the site content. However, this tip focuses on the infrastructure of the backend of the website as opposed to the actual content on each of the site pages. Some of the things to look out for when running a technical audit include:
- Utilizing Google Search Console to identify any 404 pages
- Proper page structure including H1s, H2s, and H3s for visibility
- Removing duplicate page copy to increase rankings
- Implementing descriptive metadata on each page
- Assessing the site speed to increase conversion rate
Our Marketing for Contractors Give You the ROI You Want
Are you searching for a way to get more relevant leads and contractor jobs through your online marketing efforts? At Sixth City Marketing, we offer numerous digital marketing services for contractors that will help you improve your online presence, generate qualified leads, and increase revenue.
From paid advertising to search engine optimization to even design for conversion, there are various ways we can help you boost your business.
Our Approach to Providing Digital Marketing for Contractors
We know that there are a lot of marketing agencies to choose from and finding the right one for your unique company is crucial. At Sixth City Marketing, we are driven by results and want to help you succeed. We are different from other digital marketing agencies because:
- We have experience working in a number of diverse industries
- Our team has 25+ years of collective experience
- As a small firm, we offer a specialized approach for every client
- Our strategies have a proven record of success
- We make data-driven decisions and pride ourselves on results
Sixth City Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency with offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Houston. We offer a number of services guaranteed to improve leads and generate revenue for your business. Some of our services include web design and development, SEO, pay per click, and CRM consulting.
If your business is already using digital marketing services or is interested in starting, we can help. Contact us today for a free website evaluation to learn how we can meet your contractor marketing goals.
Custom Digital Marketing for Contractors
When you partner with Sixth City Marketing, we will work with you to create a customized online marketing strategy based on your target audience, your targeted geographic location, and your unique goals. Some of the services we offer include:
- Search Engine Optimization – Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic. This can be completed through a number of tactics, including:
- Content creation
- Website maintenance
- Keyword research
- Link building
- Competitor research
- Google Analytics configuration
- Pay-Per-Click – PPC ads are an ideal way to reach your target market and increase the number of qualified leads you receive. When someone is searching for a contractor, they will most likely browse the internet for options. Pay-per-click ads will ensure that you are one of the first contractors they come across.
- Website Design and Development – Whether you need a website or want to redesign your current site, our team can help you! We have experience working with WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, and many other content management systems. Additionally, our web design and development team will implement tactics proven to increase website conversion rates and traffic.
- Social Media Marketing – Our social media experts can write, edit, and post updates via your social media profiles. We will also work to increase your brand’s awareness and followers on your company social media profiles.
- Paid Social Media – As a subset of traditional PPC, paid social media can offer some real value for your business. We can help you get more leads by running ads that highlight the work you do and target your ideal customer on Facebook, Instagram, and more.
See Real Results with Our Contractor Digital Marketing Services
SEO, PPC, and more are ideal for contractors because they’re measurable! At Sixth City, we create brief monthly reports for every one of our clients. These reports show how your campaigns are performing in a way that is easy to understand.
Our monthly reports include the following:
- Complied list of form submissions and phone calls
- Lead source data to see how customers are finding your business
- Summary of the work our team completed that month
- Traffic changes to our website, tracked through Google Analytics
- PPC campaign performance metrics, tracked through Google Ads
- Improvements in relevant keyword rankings
- Effectiveness of social media efforts
These reports are sent to you at the beginning of each month and will also include our recommendations for the future, and any new strategies to help achieve your marketing goals.
We Can Help You No Matter Your Niche
There are a variety of different types of contractors out there, and while other agencies may specialize in working for only certain ones, we would be happy to partner with you no matter if you do:
- Drywall installation
- Electrical work
- General contracting
- HVAC services
- Tile work
- Or anything in between!
Get to Know Our Talented SEO and PPC Agency
Sixth City Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency with offices in the Midwest, happy to serve you no matter where you are in the U.S.
We offer a number of services guaranteed to improve leads and generate revenue for your business, all with the goal to get results that help your business grow.
If your business is already using digital marketing services or is interested in starting, we can help.
Contractor Digital Marketing FAQs
Sixth City Marketing ensures that our potential customers have all the facts they need to make an informed decision about partnering with us. There are a handful of common questions we get asked, so we’ve listed them below to share the knowledge.
How long does a digital marketing strategy take to show results?
Keeping in mind that we take a multi-angle approach to contractor digital marketing by applying various strategies, it depends on the tactic you choose. Say for SEO, we typically say our clients will start seeing major results within four to six months. At Sixth City Marketing, we will have a monthly touch base to review progress data and make changes that we think will provide the best results for our clients.
How do I know which services I need?
Choosing the right services will all depend on what your overall goal is. Sixth City differs from agencies in the sense that our clients will receive a tailored approach based on their specific goals and what our experts think will bring the most success to your contracting business. Our agency has the bandwidth and capabilities to do as little or as much as possible based on your desired spend and growth rate.
What sets Sixth City apart from other agencies?
Specific to contractor digital marketing, we are extremely familiar with the industry and have proven success as we’ve worked with a wide variety of similar niches in the home services businesses. Additionally, we do not outsource any of our services meaning that all our work is done in-house. The main difference is that we understand, value, and prioritize the importance of receiving a return on investment. Our team is committed to getting results and ensuring customer satisfaction through our work.
Work with Sixth City Marketing Today
If you are in need of digital marketing for contractors, look no further. Sixth City Marketing will create a personalized strategy for your business that will improve your ranking in search engines and increase qualified leads.
Contact us today for contractor SEO services you can count on.