Our Franchise SEO Experts Can Create Plans for Multiple Business Locations
Here at Sixth City Marketing, our team has been doing search engine optimization for 25+ collective years. So if you are looking for a reliable team to perform SEO for franchises, you can trust that we can develop custom and creative ways to get you more customers.
“I recently consulted with Sixth City Marketing to learn more about internet marketing – especially search engine optimization, social media marketing and pay per click marketing. I found their experience and knowledge in these areas can turn my ideas into revenue and explained the execution in ways I clearly understood.” – Eric Gulledge, Sherwin-Williams
You Need Franchise SEO Services If…
You Don’t Have Maps Listings for All Your Locations
Can your customers find all your locations on Google and Apple Maps? If you search “[your business] near me” do your listings show up? This is a crucial part of marketing your franchise with SEO.
Your Location Pages Use Duplicate Content
Did you know that Google and other search engine platforms are advanced enough to detect if you are using duplicate content across the pages on your website? Google wants all your content to be relevant and unique, so if you have duplicate content it can negatively impact your campaign.
You Aren’t Collecting Reviews Online
As part of a local SEO campaign, we will encourage you to ask your customers to leave their feedback on your Google My Business profile. Our research has shown that the amount of reviews you have, and your reviews’ ratings, can influence your rankings.
Your Business Uses Inconsistent Branding
One thing that is incredibly important not only in terms of reflecting your brand, but also from an SEO standpoint, is consistency. You will want to ensure all your franchises are abiding by your branding standards in copy and more.
You Aren’t Using Local Schema
Schema is a type of structured code that you can add to your website to help search engines better understand the content on your site. There are various types of schema that can help franchises especially, such as Place, Restaurant, and LocalBusiness.
Your Website Is Outdated
By outdated, we mean your site is missing metadata, is not set up for HTTPS, loads slowly, and faces many other issues on the technical side of SEO that can all impact your rankings.
You Haven’t Cleaned Up Your Citations
Just as the Yellow Pages have been a key place to list your business to consumers for decades, there are various platforms online that operate in the same fashion. If any of your locations have changed addresses, phone numbers, or other important information, there might be citation sites online that need to be updated so customers can easily find you.
You Aren’t Building Outside Links
What some may not realize is that various aspects can come into play when determining a website’s strength. One of these is a solid backlink foundation, and to acquire that, you need a creative link building strategy that plays into your business’s strengths. We have considerable experience doing just that.
Franchise SEO Tactics You Can Do Right Now
Before you get the ball rolling on an SEO campaign, check out this list of things you can do to get a head start:
- Claim your Google My Business profile and ensure all information is correct
- Create and optimize local pages if you have offices in different cities
- Interlink services pages throughout your website
- Research your competitors and determine what you can do to outrank them
- Do a site speed test to see what improvements can be made
- Reply to all reviews made online to engage with your customers
- Manage your social media accounts and increase your brand awareness
How Sixth City Marketing Can Help with SEO for Franchises
Here are some of the franchise SEO tactics that we can implement into your campaigns:
- Local listing optimization – We will make sure that your local listing is claimed and optimized. This is a crucial step to making sure your local customers know where they can find you.
- Content optimization – The content that is on your website should be friendly to the Google crawler. Our writing team will strategically place keywords, design a user-friendly page layout, and implement many other strategies to ensure you’re drawing customers in.
- Link building – To increase your website authority and boost your website rankings, we will utilize many link building tactics to make sure you’re ranking at the top of the search page.
- Fighting spam – A key aspect of our SEO for franchises process is making sure that we’re cleaning up fake listings and removing spammers who may take customers away from you.
- Data tracking – There is no way to measure your successes without the data to prove it. We will use Google Analytics to look at form submissions, phone calls, traffic and more.
Important Franchise SEO Terms to Know
To help you understand the types of things we will implement into our SEO for franchise strategies, here are a few terms worth knowing:
- Keywords – These are the words and phrases that users enter into the search engine. It is important to incorporate these words into your content so you have the opportunity to rank for them.
- Metadata – This is the data that tells your search engine what your website is all about.
- Ranking factor – A variable or metric that the search engines use when evaluating your website.
- Longtail keywords – More specific keywords that include two or more words in a phrase. These keywords are more targeted and will result in more qualified leads.
- Alt text/tag – The description of your image in your website’s HTML. Add alt text to images to ensure that the search engine will read it.
- Internal linking – This is the process of including links to other pages on your website, such as linking the homepage from a product page.
- Indexed page – A page that Google has crawled and stored in the search engine.
- Link building – An off-page SEO tactic used to generate more inbound links to your website. The more linking domains that you acquire, the more authority Google will consider your site to have, and rank you accordingly.
- SERP (Search Engine Results Pages) – This is the page that you are sent to after conducting a search query on Google or Bing.
The Sixth City Marketing Difference
Our team at Sixth City Marketing has years of experience working with clients on SEO campaigns for a wide array of industries.
Some of the things that set us apart from our competitors when it comes to franchise SEO include:
- We are driven by results – Our strategies are designed with your goals as our focus.
- We create customized approaches – There is nothing cookie cutter about our approaches here. Everything is tailored to what you are looking to achieve.
- We are data driven – We use data-tracking software to measure our successes. Each month, we provide our clients with reports of data to see how our campaigns are progressing.
- We are an in-house team – Because our team is in-house, we are dedicated to responding to each of your needs and providing you with the best quality services available.
- We serve nationwide – While our headquarters are in Cleveland, we also have offices in Columbus, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh that help us get found my businesses all over the U.S.
Other Digital Marketing Services We Provide
In addition to SEO for franchises, we are a full-service agency offering many other internet marketing services to take your efforts to the next level.
- Pay-per-click marketing – We run targeted ads through Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms to target a specific demographic.
- Social media marketing – Our team will create content, schedule posts, monitor your accounts, and respond to all engagements to increase brand awareness.
- Website design and development – If your website needs a sprucing up, we will design a new custom site for your business to ensure you’re converting visitors and bringing in new business.
- Consulting and auditing – Our team will do a technical inspection and content analysis to provide you with strategy recommendations. We also use Google Analytics and Search Console Insights to give us essential information about your site and discover ways to improve.
- Email marketing – We will write monthly and quarterly newsletters, design custom emails, schedule and send emails, monitor your campaigns, and provide promotions to help drive customers to your website!
“Yes, Sixth City provides great work and yes, they are up to speed on the latest technologies and trends but it’s the staff and their responsiveness that are first and foremost as to what sets them apart from other groups. John and his team are always ready for the next thing and willing to pitch in to execute.” – Greg Carlin, Play Adventure Parks
What Is Local SEO for Franchises and Why Is It Important?
Local SEO utilizes the same principles of normal search engine optimization, but instead of being concerned with a national focus, the practices performed as part of local SEO are geared toward specific regions. Some examples of local SEO include optimizing Google My Business profiles, writing landing pages for different locations, getting rid of spam on Google Maps, and more.
It is important if you are a business that attracts mainly local customers, like a restaurant, gym, or home services company, that your custom-made SEO strategy has different goals than other industries.
Receive Custom Franchise SEO Services Today
Get to know our team and what makes us different from other SEO agencies. We look forward to speaking with you.