Learn How Finance Companies Can Grow Through SEO
Updated on 01/22/2024
Have you tried out various marketing strategies that seem to always fail? From billboards to mailers and more, there are a lot of traditional marketing tactics that have a significant cost but show little to no return on investment. SEO for financial services works a little differently.
Having a strong online presence can help your website be discovered by potential clients who are looking for your services. This is where SEO comes in.
At Sixth City Marketing, we want to use our diverse industry experience in order to advise financial companies on SEO and its best practice for achieving results. Read on to learn more about the tips to boost your company’s presence online!
“John was someone who came highly recommended to me for digital marketing and SEO. To my surprise he was easily accessible for a telephone appointment. Although I expected his knowledge of a SEO to be far beyond mine (it is) he was also able to speak to me at a level I could understand. He seemed interested in making clear how he could help me and not overpromising. He seems to be a much more straightforward marketing asset that I am used to dealing with. Thank you John!” – Brandon Shroy, Attorney at Law
FAQs for Financial SEO Services
Here are some helpful questions and answers you may find useful when evaluating your SEO strategies.
What is Financial SEO?
Financial search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of increasing your financial company’s rating on Google through a variety of best practices. Most times, finance companies are targeting regular customers, but some also may target execs at other companies, these are two different approaches – B2C and B2B – and depending on which is most relevant to your brand, your strategies will differ. Known as one of the most effective forms of digital marketing, there are a variety of SEO tactics that you can use to increase leads, sales, and traffic.
Those types of SEO include the following:
- On-page SEO – Known as the process of optimizing the content that is already on your website. This can include various body copy, keywords, photos, and more!
- Off-page SEO – This would be all of the attraction that your website gets from various sites. Link building is used to get these outside links.
- Technical SEO – Website speed, mobile friendliness, and overall site structure can go into your company’s overall technical SEO. The easier and faster your website is to use, the more equity it holds.
- Local SEO – Rather than a national focus, local SEO is more targeted to a specific area. It is also extremely beneficial because local SEO is usually free and extremely targeted!
To learn more about these 4 different SEO practices, read our blog on What Are the Different Types of SEO? Here Are Four You Should Know.
What is YMYL Content?
Defined by Google, YMYL stands for Your Money Your Life. This applies to pages that impact people’s health, financial stability, safety, and happiness. Different topics that are considered a YMYL topic include:
- Government and law
- Groups of people
- And more
When writing about these topics, if you’re encouraging the user to make a decision or take action it’s considered a YMYL page, and Google wants users to use their best judgment when reading about these specific topics. And for finance companies, you must abide by a different set of restrictions to not receive penalty from Google.
The guidelines that go along with YMYL pages are extremely important to follow, as you want to provide the best information for your audience while also trying to rank higher among your competitors. Google implementing these guidelines, stops people from uploading spammy, false information that could negatively affect someone’s life.
So, are the legal regulations that I need to follow when implementing SEO for my financial firm?
When it comes to financial marketing, you must stay compliant to adhere to specific regulations in the industry. This means when advertising specific financial products, your message must be clear and concise to consumers, and not misleading in any way. This is extremely important to keep in mind when implementing SEO strategies.
When beginning your SEO marketing campaign, it’s necessary to review all legal requirements, such as the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and more. We recommend that someone who is an expert in knowing how to stay compliant should review all marketing materials before publishing them.
Our legal team doesn’t have time to review new content, what else can I do?
If you can’t publish new content on your financial website, there are other ways you can work to improve your site’s rankings. You can spend time revamping your old content to ensure that it’s up to date with the latest SEO techniques. Here are some various ways to improve your current content without having to go through a lengthy process:
- Include inner links – Internally linking to other prominent pages on your site helps gain more exposure throughout your website and makes it easier for users to navigate your website and find exactly what they’re looking for. Be sure to vary the anchor text you link from to add unique value to the links, too.
- Sprinkle in more keywords – Keywords will help your pages rank higher, and you’ll be able to track the kind of traffic that’s coming to your page. This is part of an overall SEO strategy, so it’s important to ensure keywords are included on your various financial pages. You may be able to add a few more keywords to a page without having to have the page re-evaluated if no pertinent information on the page isn’t changing, but be sure to run it by your legal team first.
- Add about the author – Adding a section about authors displays expertise and adds a personal touch for readers. Be sure to add person schema to employee bio pages too and link out to reputable mentions they have gotten online.
How can I improve the trust for my customers?
When users are looking to work with a financial firm, they are looking for someone they can trust with their money. This means that to win users over, you must display how trustworthy you are. A couple of ways to showcase trustworthiness for your audience can be through displaying:
Showing these key aspects of your company will show users that you’re a legitimate company with experience in the industry.
How should I conduct competitor research?
Competitor research helps find out what other financial companies are doing in terms of SEO. This can help assist your overall marketing strategy and stay up to date on new tactics. Here is a list of tools and how to use them for competitor research:
- Moz Link Explorer – This platform allows you to find the backlinks associated with a certain website by simply copying and pasting the URL into Moz’s scanner. This can help paint a picture of where your competitor is gaining backlinks and boost your backlinks too.
- SpyFu – For PPC campaigns, this resource is super helpful. It allows you to have access to the exact keywords that your competitors are targeting on a campaign. This can help assist with your own PPC strategy and have an inside look into any competitors’ paid campaigns.
- SE Ranking – This resource allows you to be able to see the SERP competitors for every keyword that you are tracking. This helps you see which competitors are ranking ahead of you, their DA, and more. By seeing this kind of information, you can make adjustments so you can begin to start ranking higher.
Why should you invest in SEO?
In today’s day and age, your online presence is more important than ever. From social media to online shopping and everything in between, much of our daily lives include searching for people, places, and things on the internet.
And if you yourself use the internet on a daily basis, it’s safe to say your potential customers are too. So, when they search for your services, SEO can ensure your website shows up prominently on search engines for the key terms you want to rank for to help you get more customers.
Will I be able to see the results of the campaign?
Yes. If you want to track your campaign results and see real-time data on traffic, conversions, and more, our team suggests utilizing your Google Analytics account for your business.
Am I able to do SEO for more than one location?
Yes. For finance businesses that have more than one location and are looking to target specific cities, local SEO for each location is something that we recommend that you incorporate into your strategy!
You should see changes in search engine ranking within a couple of weeks of implementing SEO on your website. Keep in mind that search engines need to take the time to crawl your site and note the changes, so do not be discouraged if you do not see improvement right away!
As a digital marketing agency with 25+ years of combined experience, we want to help your financial company achieve the best results possible. With that in mind, please contact our team with any additional questions you may have!
8 Strategies We Recommend To Boost Financial SEO
Through SEO for financial services, here are some of the key strategies that our team recommends to increase rankings, bring you more leads, and improve your overall site health:
- Keyword Analysis – We recommend that you research and determine which terms are most relevant to your potential clients
- Content Optimization – Refreshing key pages on your site with optimized copy can improve the site’s appearance to search engines
- Analytics Tracking – Setting up goal tracking will allow you to monitor your success and keep an eye on your campaign
- Local Optimization – Boost your local presence and target cities by claiming your local profiles and getting rid of spam on Google Maps
- Tailored Writing – Blog posts are a great way to include long-tail keywords on your website and attract more potential customers in the research phase
- Enhanced Metadata – From page titles and descriptions to photo alt and title tags, you can add these technical enhancements to improve your site’s health
- Competitor Research – Analyze your competitors’ websites and rankings to see what you are up against, and then plan strategically on how to increase your own rankings
- Acquiring Links – Our expert link builders know how to get more backlinks to your website on both the national and local front
Though just 8 of the numerous strategies that you could apply for your own financial SEO, each tactic will help your company increase leads, display a user-friendly website, and ultimately outrank your competitors in search engines.
Why Choose Our Financial SEO Company?
What makes Sixth City Marketing the best choice for SEO for financial services? Let’s take a look.
We apply everything we learn from performing SEO for both our own company and clients, and are always learning and adapting to new tips and techniques Google and the industry throws our way.
With 25+ collective years of experience supplying digital marketing for a range of industries, you can trust our diverse team of writers, designers, and strategists to work together to craft you a custom finance SEO plan that works.
We know full well that every business is different, which is why we never sell cookie-cutter packages, unlike other financial SEO providers you may find online. All our work is custom.
Our headquarters is in Westlake, Ohio but we also have locations in downtown Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. With our central Midwest location, we’d be happy to travel to meet you wherever you are located.
As we mentioned before, we are always open and honest about the data that we report to you on a monthly basis. Not to mention, you will have access to Google Analytics yourself to see the raw data whenever you please.
As a financial business, you know better than anyone how important it is to see a return on anything you invest in. With our reporting and technical background, we do all we can to make it easy to show your exact ROI in our financial SEO services.
Looking for More Than Just SEO Help?
Besides offering businesses our customized SEO services, we also are experts in a wide variety of other digital marketing approaches such as:
Google and Bing Ads
PPC marketing through Google and Bing is a great way to run tailored ad content to your ideal customer with enhanced targeting based on location, searches, income, and more.
Paid Social Media Ads
Along with doing pay-per-click on search engines, we can also run targeted ads on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to get you more exposure and clients.
If you are looking to give your current site a new look, our in-house designers and developers can help redesign your website to help users convert and boost your marketing.
We have the ability to not only write emails on a variety of topics, but we also design a custom email marketing template that reflects your brand and appeals to subscribers.
If you use a content relations management platform such as HubSpot, PipeDrive, or any others, we would be glad to help you get the most out of it to supplement your marketing.
“I briefly worked for Sixth City Marketing a few years ago and had an incredibly positive experience. Not only does John, the founder and owner, care about his clients, but he goes above and beyond to make sure his employees are well-trained, knowledgeable, and happy, as well. When the employees are glad to work for their boss, excellent customer service is a direct result, and this is especially evident at Sixth City Marketing.” – Carolyn Devor, Sherwin-Williams
Work with Our SEO Expert Agency Today
Get a free website evaluation today when you fill out the form above or contact our team today. We look forward to talking with you.