Help Your Business Grow Through SEO for Electricians
Updated on 06/12/2023
Much like with other home services businesses, customers trust in Google and other search engines now more than ever to find a trustworthy electrician to work on their home or office. And once you know that 58% of people looking for electrical help online, with 90% of those people not having a provider in mind, it’s compelling to want to diligently improve your brand’s presence on search engines.
This is where SEO for electricians comes into play. Search engine optimization services help improve your website and other appearances online to gain more authority to help beat out the competition when it comes to the services you offer.
And if you are looking to boost your rankings online from now on and beyond, you’ve come to the right place.Ask Us a Question
5 SEO Tips to Help Electricians Rank Higher in Search Results
- Report businesses disobeying Google Map’s policies
Did you know that Google has guidelines for presenting your business on maps? Things such as using keywords in the business name, using a residential address or co-working space, or having fake reviews are all things you can report a business for doing. And for home services businesses like yours, we often see businesses breaking the rules, and out-ranking honest companies! Helping eliminate spammers on Google Maps gives your business a better chance of ranking in the local pack.
- Collect honest reviews from your customers
One of the things that Google evaluates when determining what businesses to rank in the local pack is reviews, as they can show how much trust real people have in the business, outside of how a business decides to represent themselves online. Not to mention, for a user perspective, it can help with conversion rate as according to BrightLocal in 2022, 87% of consumers used Google to evaluate local businesses!
- Have unique and helpful content on your location pages
As an electrician, you likely serve a specific region that isn’t limited to just one city, or you could even have more than one location if you are a franchise. Given this, in order to show for search terms such as “[city name] electrician” you should have pages on your site that target the areas you serve. However, it is important that you have different content as all these pages so Google doesn’t view your site as having duplicate content.
- Build upon community relationships
Did you know that Google can determine how trustworthy a website is based on the quality of its backlinks? And as a locally focused niche, electricians should take advantage of all the various connections they have in their community. Whether it be different chambers of commerce, union groups, or alike, if these places mention your website online, be sure you are being properly attributed with a link to your website.
- Use your team’s expertise for free content
As an electrician, you and your team are likely asked a variety of questions by existing and potential customers as you complete projects, making you experts full of knowledge in a variety of topics. From things about water damage, to electrical fires, brainstorm some of the common questions you get asked and turn them into blog posts, you can then use this content in your social media and email marketing efforts as well.
Just Getting Started? 10 Questions to Ask Yourself
If you are new to learning about search engine optimization, or have worked with other agencies in the past, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I currently use Google Analytics on my website?
- What methods do I use to track leads?
- When was the last time I added new content to my site?
- Have I ever had my website evaluated?
- Does my website load quickly?
- What links have I acquired for my business?
- Where does my site rank when I search for key terms related to my services?
- Do I have dedicated listings on Google Business Profiles for each location I own?
- Have I claimed profiles on Yelp, AngiesList, and elsewhere to manage information?
- Do I have location pages on my website to reflect the areas I serve?
These questions can be a great starting point to help you assess where your current electrician SEO marketing stands.
“The Sixth City Team is truly knowledgeable about how SEO works and love what they do. They are natural teachers, excited to share what they know. The recommendations and information we got from them were super helpful in improving our site’s rankings and a few other things.” – Miranda Berner, Berner Air Curtains
Electrician SEO FAQs
Q: How would my company benefit from SEO?
SEO, when done right, can have long-lasting effects on your website, and help bring more potential customers to your website who are looking for the services you offer. More leads to your website means more sales, now who wouldn’t want that? And when you factor in the fact that other electricians are likely doing it, you will want to make the playing field even by doing your part.
Q: My website gets a lot of visitors but no conversions, why is that?
We see this often, a website is doing a good job on search results but they have a high drop-off rate once people land on their site. This can be due to a variety of factors, such as bad page speed times, no way to contact your team, or even forms that are too long. Conversion rate optimization services are a great way to find out what improvements can be made to your site’s design to hep get more conversions.
Q: I have old and outdated listings on Yelp and Angi, do I need to update those?
It wouldn’t hurt to go in and check your local profiles on directory sites that are relevant to your niche, and even accreditation sites like BBB, to make sure everything is up to date, especially since Google is smart enough to verify your business info through some of those profiles, too.
How We Help Electricians with SEO
We customize our search engine optimization services to help meet your goals. Whether you’re looking to grow your brand or increase sales, everything we do in our tailored strategies is with your goals in mind.
Here are some of the tactics that we utilize in our SEO campaigns:
- Keyword analysis – We examine the terms you want to rank for and look for ways to ensure your website reflects them for optimal rankings.
- Competitor research – Looking at your competition helps us get a better grasp of the reasons why they are ranking above you and what can be done to fill the gap.
- Content writing and optimization – Content strategy is a key part of what we do, and we make sure your top pages are taken care of to get the best results.
- Blog post writing – Having a blog can help expand on your website content, let you rank for more keywords, and get you more backlinks.
- Local profile building – To be found by users looking for nearby electricians and similar searches, we do our due diligence to optimize your local profiles on sites such as Google, Bing, and many more
- Citation creation – As a local business, having local citations across the web helps build up your authority and increases the possibility to be found.
- Directory link building – Directories can often act like search engines for certain industries, with home services being among them! Our expert team can get you linked on a variety of these sites.
- Unlinked mention research – We want to ensure that you company is being properly accredited for being mentioned online. For websites that have already mentioned your business without a link back to your site, we strive to get obtain the backlink on your behalf, thus boosting your online recognition.
- Guest blog post writing – From success studies to helpful tips and more, we can write blog posts on numerous topics that will help you get more exposure on other websites, bringing links and new users to your website.
- Metadata optimization – Having optimized metadata on your website is a key step in having a properly optimized site. We will work with your current titles and descriptions and give them the keyword-optimized attention they deserve.
- Design for conversion – Getting users to your website is one thing, but having them convert into qualified leads is another. Our design for conversion tactics help your website convert at a higher rate for more success.
- Goal tracking – In order to measure the success of everything that we do for your business, we can set up goal tracking within your Google Analytics profile to keep track of all the form submissions and calls you receive from your website.
All of these tactics, alongside careful planning and account management, work together to grow your online presence and enhance your ranking on search engines. Let our team implement customized SEO for electricians in order to boost overall domain authority and goal achievement for you and your company.
What Makes Our SEO for Electricians Different?
As you digest all that is included in our electrician SEO services listed above, you likely will want to know a little more about our agency as a whole. Get to know us better by keeping the following in mind.
We’re Focused on Results
We know that for business owners, seeing a return on investment in our services will likely be top of mind. And since we are focused on getting you results, we always do our due diligence in being transparent with our data and helping you see qualified results.
We Don’t Outsource SEO
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we pride ourselves on the fact that our writing, strategy, and account management staff is completely in-house, meaning we don’t outsource any of our work. You can trust that you are getting great quality work from a team of writers, designers, and strategists who enjoy collaborating together.
We Have Experience in Diverse Areas
To support our SEO for electrical contractors, we are also able to help your business through other services such as paid marketing, social media, email marketing, and website design and development if you are ever interested in expanding your campaign further.
We Strive to Build Relationships
We have had the pleasure of working with some of our clients for more than six years, proving that growing long-standing relationships with anyone we work with is our goal. We want to help your business thrive for years to come and look forward to the opportunity.
We Are Always Growing and Learning
You can trust that we are always seeking out the latest industry news to ensure we are as up to date as possible with aspects that affect the SEO we implement for clients and ourselves.
We Serve Nationally
We Teach You the Ins and Outs of SEO
Alongside the work that we do for you and your company, we are constantly advising you on the latest updates and trends in the industry to be aware of and other things you can implement on your end in order to continuously increase your brand awareness online.
With over 10 years in the business, we have been able to expand our services, accommodate a diverse array of industries, and adapt to the ever-changing world of digital marketing, all while providing fiscal results for our clientele.
For more information regarding who we are and what we do best, please visit our about page.
Beyond Our Experience with SEO for Home Services
Over the years, we have helped various businesses in the home services industry thrive through search engine optimization.
Some of the industries that we have had the pleasure to include, but are not exclusive to, the following:
As an in-house digital marketing agency that works with a diverse array of companies within the home services industry, we understand that each client is unique, and we want to treat them as such. Because of this, if you want some more solid evidence of how we’ve brought results for a variety of our past and current clients within a variety of industries, be sure to check out our case studies to learn more.
Other Services Our Digital Marketing Agency Offers
Alongside the extensive SEO services that we offer, we provide numerous other digital marketing accommodations within our agency to further boost digital marketing initiatives.
Beyond search engine optimization, some of the other services that we can provide to our clients include the following:
- Email Marketing – If you are looking for a way to keep your customers informed on the latest products, features, or news to your new or existing clients, let us help you keep in constant contact with them. We can help you design templates, craft emails to your customers, and schedule emails on your behalf to your preferred customer base. This is a beneficial way to keep your customers informed, as well as drive traffic back to your product site, which is where your leads would come from.
- Pay-Per-Click Campaigns – Tailor your advertisements to receive more qualified leads for your company. With the use of monthly ROI reporting, ad copywriting, auditing, and keyword analysis, among other digital marketing strategies, we are able to target specific advertisements in the hopes to drive traffic to your website.
- Social Media Marketing – Through the use of our social media strategy, we are able to thoroughly engage with your target audience in order to build more brand awareness and recognition for your brand as a whole. Our team will craft, edit, and post to the channels of your choosing, thus engaging your target audience in the most effective way possible.
- Website Design / Development – Let us help you create a user-friendly website that serves your overall digital marketing goals. Our websites are built to accommodate your target audience, as well as be compatible with any device you would be searching from. Additionally, once completed, our websites can easily be updated by a member of your team.
On top of the services listed above, we also offer consulting and auditing as well as conversation rate optimization. Feel free to contact us directly with any service requests that you have on the digital marketing front, as we would be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.
“Fantastic to work with the Sixth City Team. We brought them in to our web site hoping to increase traffic. With some initial quick changes we saw our traffic more than double within a matter of a couple of months. It is so valuable to have the input from experts who know how SEO and other marketing avenues work and can produce a far greater result than trying to beat the system on your own.” – Dan Eifel, Summers Rubber
Ask Us Anything About Electrician SEO Services
If you want a free website evaluation, or want to learn more about our pricing, be sure to contact our SEO experts today! We look forward to assisting you in your future digital marketing endeavors.