Updated on 11/16/2023
Looking to redesign your website? Luckily for you, you’ve come to the right place.
From a design that reflects your branding to development that is built for speed and functionality, WordPress will help you get your website where it needs to be in order to beat out your competitors.
Below, we have included some frequently asked questions regarding whether a dental website design is right for you, as well as tips for achieving the best site possible.
Before We Start, What is Dental Web Design?
Designing a website includes a variety of different skills and tasks that go into the production and creation of a website. Some of the different facets of designing a site include graphics, user experience, interface design, and search engine optimization (SEO).
When it comes to website design for dental offices, the goal is to captivate potential patients into wanting to choose you as their dentist. Additionally, the use of reputation marketing, such as showcasing positive reviews from past clients is something that we want to showcase on your new site.
Tips When Considering a Website Design for Dentists
We understand that when you are building a website for your dental business, it’s easy to just go on the web and pick out a pre-made template that you can buy. However, buying these templates comes with a lot of drawbacks such as:
- A design that other businesses are using
- Plugins that slow down your site’s load time
- Difficulty in finding what you need in the interface
- An inability to easily update aspects of your website
- Layouts being messed up after simple changes
Instead of having to deal with issues that pre-made dental templates bring, here are some tips on how to create the best dental website for your business:
#1: Include Up to Date Features
Some of the features that we recommend you should include in your dental web design include:
- User-friendly interface
- Search engine optimization
- Google Analytics tracking
- Enhanced load time
- Design for conversion
#2: Update Your Site With Optimized Content and Photos
When planning a website redesign for your dental office, we know you want to receive results that will turn into leads and sales for your business.
When shopping around for a reputable company to invest in to redo your site, be sure they are able to include the following:
- HTTP/SSL certificate
- Industry-related, customizable blog
- Page headers, meta titles, and meta descriptions
- Page redirects, if applicable
- Testimonials from your clients
- Unique, high-quality photos (most likely provided by your team)
#3: Create Your Website Design For Dentists in WordPress
For years, we have chosen WordPress as our go-to content management system not only for our own site but for the majority of our website design clients as well that are not ecommerce sites.
We love WordPress not just because it is one of the most popular platforms in the industry, but because it is easy to learn. This means you and your team will have no problem updating information on your site for years to come.
It also has a variety of SEO benefits as well, so not only will your website be functional and visually appealing, but it will also be readable by search engines to help you get more business online.
Some of the additional benefits of using WordPress for your new site include the following:
- It offers a built-in blog – All WordPress sites include a blog that you can showcase your expertise on, such as various industry tips, such as press releases, dental tips, updates and successes from your team, or anything else!
- It includes numerous add-ons – From social media icons to integrations with your content relations management, WordPress includes various plugins to make your site more functional and user-friendly.
- It is customizable – Create a website that is going to coincide with your brand. With WordPress, you have the ability to customize anything from scratch to include everything you want and need.
And if your business is centered around selling dental products, you can get all the same principles in Shopify as well.
#4: Make Your Site Compatible on Multiple Devices
Did you know that 92.1% of searchers access the internet using a mobile device? It’s clear that in our current day and age, it is important to create a website that has a mobile-friendly interface that’s compatible with multiple device types, such as desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
“The team at Sixth City is second to none!! Starting with the owner John and all his teammates I’ve worked with I have nothing but glowing things to say! I felt that they cared about MY business growth as their #1 priority even if it wasn’t always best for their bottom line. They are passionate about and great at what they do. If you’re looking for a team to help with your business, don’t look any further. This is the team that will feel like an extension of your own business!” – Dr. Paul Mikhli, Beachwood Dental
Why Is Sixth City Different from Other Dental Website Design Companies
With over 25 years of collective digital marketing, SEO, PPC, and website design experience, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality work to our clients that is guaranteed to deliver results. To ensure this promise to you, our team includes monthly meetings and detailed reports to highlight your accomplishments, goals, and progress.
Additionally, though we have office locations in Cleveland, Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Chicago we are able to provide you with our services, such as web design for dentists, from anywhere! If this is something that is an interest to you and your company, we would be happy to meet with your team virtually or travel to your location to discuss your specific project.
Additional Benefits of Working with Sixth City Marketing
Many agencies may offer dental WordPress design and development services, but they’re unlikely to size up to Sixth City Marketing:
- We don’t cut corners
When we design and develop websites, we start from scratch and work with you step by step to build from the ground up. We take our time to ensure that you are getting a website that you and your team will be able to use easily and that your customers will love.
- Our designs are one of a kind
Unlike a pre-made WordPress template, we make sure that none of your competitors will have a design like yours! We will keep you in the loop through the entirety of the design process to make sure that you are 100% happy with the result.
- Conversion is our main focus
Having a website that looks good is one thing, but what’s the point of getting a custom website if it’s not going to help bring in more business? Part of our web design strategy is designing for conversion and making sure that your customers will easily be able to contact you on your new site.
- Our team is all in-house
We pride ourselves on the fact that we are a smaller, boutique agency that has an in-house team of marketing experts. In our web design projects, you will get help from our designers, developers, strategists, and even content!
Our Website Design Process
Here are some of the steps you can expect when we partner with you to redesign your website:
- Strategy session – We sit down with you, or meet via conference call and shared screens, to discuss your current setbacks, struggles, and issues with your site. We also will learn about what you are looking to gain from your new site and draw inspiration from websites you like currently.
- Site architecture – The navigational structure of your site helps us understand what pages are most important to you and sets the stage for how visitors will move through your site.
- Wireframes – Our team will develop wireframes that show an outline of the suggested structure we see most fitting for your site for different page templates, including on desktop and mobile.
- Mockups – After the wireframes are approved, we take them into Photoshop to give them life, and this is where we introduce various design principles and your branding to show you what your new site will look like in real life.
- Development – Next, after receiving your feedback and making adjustments to perfect a mockup design, we start building out the website’s backend through the WordPress platform. This also includes migrating over your current website’s content or any additional content you need as part of your project.
- Final touches and launch – By working through the development site on our server, we will keep you in the loop on our progress and relay any issues or questions that arise. Once the site is completely approved, we will launch it and ensure redirects, important tracking codes, and goal tracking are all in place.
- Learn and enjoy – After your site is launched, if you’d like, we can provide training that can help you understand your new website’s backend interface. This way you will know how to easily make updates to aspects such as messaging, hours, and more.
Let Us Help Your Practice Grow
Beyond building you a brand-new website, we would love to continue to work with you via other digital marketing channels including search engine optimization, Google Ads, paid social media, and much more.
Our goal as an agency has been, and always will be, to produce results for our clients whether through design, site optimization, blog writing, or anything else.
Local Marketing: Why You Need It
As a dental office, your business is unique in that unlike many other industries, you serve just your general area. Meaning, if you are located in Chicago you aren’t trying to market to people in Boston, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C. And because of that, your marketing approach needs unique attention paid to your local focus so you can increase your website’s visibility in your city.
With the help of our local marketing experts, we can help your office rank for terms such as “dentist near me” or “braces in my area” that use search engine algorithms that provide unique results to the user.
As a digital marketing agency, we have helped businesses in just about every industry find success through our online efforts. So no matter if you are an oral surgeon, an orthodontist, a pediatric dentist, or anything else, we’d be happy to help.
Work with Our Dental Web Design Agency
If your company is looking for a dental web design that is user-friendly and generates a strong response from the people that happen to come across your website, our web designers at Sixth City are here to help you.
We will help you identify the best custom website design for dentists and solutions for your target audience to access on a variety of devices. Reach out to our dental WordPress experts today!
“We called on Sixth City as well as a number of other company’s to make a proposal for a new look, and a better run WordPress website for the Lake County Health District. They were low pressure, more problem solving, and step up where we needed, but also let us do things that we needed. In the end our new look is a very functional well branded site, and they were professional, knowledgeable, and precise with their help in our website build. We went through all of our own content, and up our game as well. So we are pretty pleased with the result.” – Lake County Health District