Customized Pay-Per-Click Strategies for Dentists Can Help Increase Your Revenue
Updated on 11/16/2023
Using Google Ads, Bing Ads, or paid social media is a great way for dentists to target their ideal customers and reach different key locations within one’s budget.
From specific ages to income and much more, paid online advertising has numerous ways to segment your audiences, which leads to incredible potential for driving more patients to your practice and increasing your sales in 2024 and beyond.
What Is Pay-Per-Click?
PPC stands for “pay-per-click” and is a type of digital advertising that operates on select platforms to run online ads on various websites, apps, and more. Unlike other marketing tactics, you are charged for every click your ad receives, as you are given special targeting tools to run ads directly aimed at your ideal audience based on location, interests, what they’re searching for, and much more.
Does PPC Work for Dental Practices?
PPC advertising has proven to be extremely effective if campaigns are set up correctly. With the right targeting in place and a compelling landing page environment, a dental PPC campaign can be a very profitable source of potential patient opportunities for your practice. To build and maintain a successful paid campaign, you’ll need to bid on the right keywords, target your ideal audience, and write captivating content for your ads and landing pages.
“Great company, Great owner, Great People! Can’t go wrong here!!!” – Troy Walton, Murray Hill Dental
The Benefits of Pay-Per-Click Advertising for Dental Practices
Are you unsure whether you should add PPC to your dental marketing services? Let’s look at the value it can bring to your practice. Dentists should consider investing in dental pay-per-click for the following reasons:
- 19% of people don’t go to the dentist because they cannot find one convenient to them (ADA)
- Pay-per-click is one of the top three generators of on-page conversions (Formstack)
- 97% of consumers use online searches for local services and businesses (BrightLocal)
- 41% of Google users click on the top three ads (WordStream)
- PPC can have a 200% ROI amounting to $2 for every $1 spent (WordLead)
2024 PPC Tips for Dentists
Let’s dive into some essential PPC tips for dental practices that will help drive more leads and get the most out of your campaigns.
Determine Your Budget
First thing’s first, you’ll want to set an overall budget for your PPC campaigns. When doing so, consider what your competitors are running and the keywords you want to target. In PPC, you will be paying for every click that your ad receives so it’s important to set a realistic budget so that you are not overspending (or underspending).
While each paid platform is different, the majority allow you the option to set a daily budget. Be cautious when choosing this amount because paid platforms may spend over or under the allotted daily budget. You can maximize your budget as well by adjusting the times your ads are shown.
Consider these options depending upon who you are targeting:
- Regular dental services: Run ads on Monday through Sunday from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Emergency dental services: Run ads 24/7
Research Your Keywords
Understanding the terms potential patients will be searching to find your services is important in determining your keywords. Be sure to target only the most relevant terms associated with your dental practice. Try to see things from the perspective of your ideal patient. What terms are they searching to find a practice that offers the services you provide? Some possible examples can include:
- “dentist near me”
- “dental services [city or state]”
Specialty Dental Services
- Veneers near me
- Dental implants [city or state]
- Dental implant services
- Pediatric dentistry near me
Emergency Dental Services
- Emergency dentist near [city]
- 24-hour dentist
- Emergency dental services
Use your dental expertise paired with keyword research to curate a list of terms to bid on. You’ll also want to make sure to exclude any terms that are irrelevant to your business or campaign (such as job-related searches) that you do not want your ads to show for.
Use Audience Targeting
Using PPC to target your optimal audience will bring quality leads and get the most out of your budget. Is the user searching for emergency dentists? Are they in need of a new dentist in their area? Refining your audience is an essential step in setting up your PPC campaigns.
There are various tools that can be applied to your campaigns to narrow down your targeted audience. Targeting can be refined by location, user interests, age, income level, gender, language, and more.
Capitalize on Your Local Traffic
Local targeting is used to target only people within a certain area or radius around that area. This is helpful for dentists because you want your ads to show to users local to your practice who are searching for dental services. In many cases, that can be as small as a five-mile radius. By targeting your ads to your local audience, you can reach your most qualified potential patients.
Utilize Captivating Content
Creating optimized and compelling content is another important step in building an effective PPC presence. This includes ads, customized landing pages, and compelling calls to action. It’s important to keep the theme of your ads and landing pages uniform so that a clear message is conveyed to potential prospects. It is your ad copy that encourages a user to click on your ad, bringing them to your landing page, and then your CTA, which can turn that initial click into a conversion.
Optimize Ads for Phone Calls
Since dental practices typically receive a high volume of phone calls inquiring about services offered, you can use your PPC ads to generate calls as well as form submissions. In Google Ads, you’ll be charged the same amount for a phone call as a click to your landing page. Be sure to include your phone number in all of your ads so that a patient can easily and conveniently reach your practice.
Other Paid Marketing Channels for Dentists
Pay-per-click can be performed across various platforms, and our agency has vast experience with:
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- LinkedIn and more
Understanding the Advantages of Dental PPC Campaigns
Choosing between marketing types can be difficult. Here are some of the main reasons we suggest Facebook or Google Ads to our dental clients:
- Transparent Data – Google Ads and other paid mediums allow you to see all the important pinpoints of your campaign, including your monthly spend, impressions, clicks, and conversions. Through this, you will easily be able to see how your campaign is performing at all times.
- Ongoing Management – Unlike other dental PPC marketing agencies, we don’t outsource our work, and all of our paid strategists are in-house and consistently monitoring the campaign for success to ensure the account is at premium health.
- Set Time and Budget – If you are on a tight budget, timeline, or both, pay-per-click is a great marketing method to invest in since both of those parameters can be set to help guide our team on how best to approach your campaign.
- Communication – On top of you being able to see all the data, we will always be in touch with you to deliver monthly reports on the progress of your campaign, suggestions we have, the success of any promotion you’re offering, and anything else that is relevant.
- Experience – We are a top-rated PPC management agency in Indianapolis, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh, with a team that has over 25+ years of collective experience in the marketing industry helping various business types, including dental practices.
- Creative Customization – For all of our paid marketing clients, we take the time to create custom landing pages that are designed to convert, write landing page and ad copy, and perform A/B testing to ensure results.
- Competitive Research – We know that one of the main reasons you are likely investing in marketing is to outrank your competitors and be the top choice for dentistry in your area. Our team will perform various analyses of your competitors so we know how to beat them on the web.
FAQs About Dental PPC Campaigns
Because our team wants you to have a clear understanding of PPC, we’ve shared some of the industry’s most frequently asked questions to help your dental business get started.
How do you make the most out of my budget?
Through analyzing your competition, assessing keyword search volume, and determining what users are searching for when they click on your ads, we are able to help filter your campaigns to be selective and highly focused. This ensures you get the most bang for your buck.
Will I be able to know the campaigns are successful?
We will send you reports on a monthly basis that break down the key metrics you really care about. This includes metrics such as cost per click, impressions, and, most importantly, conversions. We also track all leads we acquire to better help you match them to who converts into a customer so you can see desirable ROI data from our work.
Should I invest in PPC over SEO?
This is entirely up to you. If you would like to invest in both pay-per-click services and search engine optimization for dentists, we would be happy to help. And if you would like to just start off with PPC, you can upgrade your services to include anything else we offer.
Can I advertise on both search engines and social media?
Absolutely! Paid advertising on search engines is an excellent way to drive leads for your dental business. In terms of social media, different platforms can highlight what your business offers visually and is an effective technique to reach an even broader audience.
Our team has a variety of routine tasks we implement to ensure your campaign is running smoothly and successfully at all times. We monitor the search queries that generate clicks, exclude negative keywords, increase bids on top-performing terms, keep an eye on daily and monthly spend, and adjust targeting as necessary.
Can I package PPC in with your other services?
Of course! Our team would be happy to help your business grow through not only PPC marketing but also our other service offerings such as SEO, website design, and more.
Our Dental Practice PPC Services
- Ad writing and refreshing – Whether your ads just need revamping or you are starting fresh, our in-house team of writers can help
- Custom landing page creation – We can design and create unique landing pages that convert
- Keyword analysis and management – Our team curates a winning keyword list and manages queries that produce clicks
- Enhanced bid strategy and planning – Ensuring you get the most out of your monthly budget is one of our main goals
- Phone call lead source tracking – Using CallRail, we can see unique lead source data and monitor qualified phone calls
- Ongoing suggestions and improvements –By assessing data and adapting to industry updates, we can keep your campaigns on the right path at all times
Get to Know Our Dental PPC Agency
Sixth City Marketing is a boutique digital marketing agency that has worked with various companies in its 12+ years, ranging from manufacturers to higher education institutions to just about everything in-between.
Our in-house team of writers, designers, and strategists all work together to collaborate on ideas to produce the best results for our clients while maintaining a great workplace culture.
5 Things That Makes Sixth City Different
As mentioned above, there are certain factors that make us stand out from other companies that offer dental PPC services. Let’s take a more in-depth look:
- Knowledge – Since opening in 2010, we have helped businesses in a variety of industries. Our staff is highly experienced in the marketing industry, allowing us all to be well equipped to adapt to rule changes and trends for all things dental pay-per-click.
- Landing Pages – Since the content and design of a page can play a significant role in how effective your campaign is, we spend a good amount of time creating pages that best fit your company. Our landing pages are built to bring in more customers to your site, which will result in more business.
- Quality Approach – At Sixth City, we believe our work culture is important. We flourish on being a close-knit team, and since we’re a smaller firm, we’re able to work close together with all of our clients to produce high-quality results for your business.
- We’re Local – Sixth City Marketing is based in the Midwest with clients from all over the country. We currently have offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Houston and Chicago. Our team is happy to assist your business wherever you are located.
- Results – Through our previous case studies, you are able to see we are focused on one thing: producing results for your business. You will see for yourself the success we have had with our clients for not only PPC, but also for our other digital marketing services.
Our dental PPC services are based on two metrics: an increase in overall sales and a decrease in cost per click. We work hard to make sure our PPC marketing efforts are done efficiently. Our goal is focused on conducting all of the services necessary to drive qualified results for your business.
Additional Services Offered for Dental Companies
In addition to working with you on pay-per-click, our team uses a variety of other digital marketing services to increase your dental company’s web presence, such as:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Our search engine optimization efforts are focused on attracting protentional customers organically through content creation, link building, keyword analysis, competitor research, and more. Our goal is to boost your practice’s online presence on search engines.
- Website design and development
- Redesigning a custom site just for your dental practice is beneficial in improving user experience and the functionality of your site. We work to create sites that meet a client’s goals and desires. Well-designed websites serve as the foundation for your business’s online presence.
- Email marketing
- We can help reach your potential and current customers via email through different email marketing campaigns. Writing, designing, and scheduling emails to target your specific audience can help increase brand awareness, the success of specific promotions, and more.
- Social media
- Our team can help write, schedule, and respond on your social media platforms to help keep patients engaged. Through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others, we can build your online presence and your social followings.
Our services don’t just end there; we also offer CRM management, conversation rate optimization, and consulting/auditing packages. Be sure to also check out our blog posts to see more of what our team brings to the table.
“The team at Sixth City is second to none!! Starting with the owner John and all his teammates I’ve worked with I have nothing but glowing things to say! I felt that they cared about MY business growth as their #1 priority even if it wasn’t always best for their bottom line. They are passionate about and great at what they do. If you’re looking for a team to help with your business, don’t look any further. This is the team that will feel like an extension of your own business!” – Dr. Paul Mikhli, Beachwood Dental
Reach Out to Our Team to Learn More About Our Dental PPC Work
When it comes to PPC services for dentists, choose Sixth City Marketing and you will not be disappointed. Ready to see if we are a good fit to help manage your paid marketing campaign? Reach out to us today!