Updated on 03/13/2023
Here at Sixth City Marketing, we understand what it takes to craft an efficient contractor SEO strategy. Our extensive experience working with a variety of companies in construction, legal, manufacturing, and more allows us to tailor our efforts to be able to advise you on how to reach your goals.
With our help, you can boost your search rankings and increase traffic to your site! Let us provide you with contractor SEO strategies and tips to make your business jump to the next level. Learn more from our helpful guide today.
“Sixth City Marketing has made me realize that having a website and not doing SEO is like getting a phone number and not listing it anywhere.” – Marc Konys, Bruening Glass Works
Frequently Asked Questions for SEO Services
Because our team wants you to have a definitive understanding of SEO and digital marketing before diving into specific tips and tricks, here are some of the industry’s most frequently asked questions to help your business get started. Let these questions serve as a guide for you as you begin your journey to crafting contractor SEO strategies for your business!
What is the definition of SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization and it is the practice of implementing strategic changes to increase your business’s online presence and improve your site ranking among your competition. The goal of SEO is to then in turn get more traffic and leads from your newly optimized website, which could then turn into potential sales and an increase in revenue for your business.
Why do contractors need SEO?
As SEO has become popular over the years, it’s essential to have an optimized website to stay in line with your competition and improve your website and overall online presence to rank above them. The higher that your landscaping company is ranked on the first page of Google, the more likely you are to receive organic traffic from people that are in need of your services!
How do you target our ideal customers?
We target your ideal customers by conducting competitor research, optimizing websites for keyword search intent, and adding technical enhancements to help improve conversion rates. Local and technical SEO techniques can help.
Besides SEO services, what if I don’t know what other services I want?
If you don’t know what services you want, that is completely fine! You can read more about the other potential services that you could incorporate to get a better understanding of how they could help. Our team of experts can also provide a free website evaluation and offer further digital marketing tactic suggestions if need be after speaking with you about your company’s goals, budget, and audience.
Overall, our team wants to be there to support you every step of the way as well. Because that is the case, contact us today with any additional questions you may have.
Why Should You Utilize SEO for Contractors
- It provides you with quality traffic – Since Google will display your website URL for a relevant search, the users who click on your website are sure to be searching for products or services you may offer.
- You’ll compete with top competitors – Because SEO is free, there are a lot of other sites on search engine results pages, including very prominent companies. Through effective SEO techniques, you have the opportunity to outrank them.
- You can monitor results – One of the best things about SEO versus traditional marketing is that you can track your results. By using Google Analytics, you can view overall traffic, conversions, session duration, bounce rates, and much more! After analyzing this data, you can adjust your campaigns based on what’s working and what’s not.
- Cost-effectiveness – Did you know that SEO costs approximately 67% less than traditional, paid advertising methods? That means contractor SEO tactics cost significantly less in and of themselves, and they target people who are actively looking for products or services relevant to your company. This means you’ll very economically be placing your site right in front of potential customers!
SEO is not going anywhere! – The first organic search on Google has an average CTR of 27.6%, which is 10x more likely than the tenth position. As the use of search engines only continues to increase as the use of digital media continues to expand, it is important that contractors utilize SEO in order to see an increase in their business.
6 Ways Contractor SEO Can Help Your Business
As you can tell, SEO can reap a host of rewards for your business. However, it takes strategy and the right techniques to manage a quality campaign. A few 6 strategies we recommend to ensure your site is ranking well in search engines include the following:
- Analyzing top landing pages – Within your Google Analytics profile, you can see which pages are generating the most traffic and which need improvements. By looking at these factors, we can craft an effective strategy and revamp your pages.
- Claim and optimize your local listing – You can make sure that your business information is accurate and up to date. Plus, you are able to add descriptive content and high-quality photos.
- Build quality links – In the eyes of Google, you need to have a strong backlink profile. Boost your SEO for contractors by implementing a variety of link building strategies that strengthen your domain authority.
- Track your keywords – Based on previous keyword research, identify which keywords you want to rank for. Then, you have the option to use reliable software to track and monitor their rankings on results pages.
- Design for conversion – Through conversion rate optimization, design your pages with proven tactics that will ensure your website visitors will ultimately turn into customers.
- Establish proper analytics tracking – Enabling goal tracking in Google Analytics allows you to view key data on your website performance. From form submissions to purchases to phone calls, you are able to determine if your contractor SEO efforts are meeting or exceeding your goals.
Learn About Different SEO Strategies for Contractors
Understanding different types of SEO can help you place new strategies for your business for more opportunities for growth. Learn more about these terms below to help expand your knowledge of SEO services for contractors.
- On-page SEO – On-page SEO deals with adjustments made directly to your website. This is everything you can control on your own website pages such as internal linking, keywords, content writing, metadata, headers, and images.
- Off-page SEO – Off-page SEO consists of everything done outside of your website to increase rankings. This includes gaining backlinks through link building opportunities, optimizing local profiles, managing local citations, and many more!
- Technical SEO – Technical SEO refers to the adjustments made to your website’s code to improve its strength and visibility such as site speed, user experience, page redirects, and many more.
- Local SEO – Local SEO can be effective for those looking to elaborate with area-specific keywords in their copy And since 46% of people’s Google searches are for services local to their area, writing location pages, adding backlinks from other local businesses, and optimizing local business profiles are examples of local SEO.
By implementing any of the 4 types of SEO in your contracting business (if not, more than 4!), you should start to see a return on investment in the form of more traffic and sales for your company.
Common Issues That Contracting Websites Contain
We’ve had a number of contractor and home services websites come to us with issues that need resolving. Some of these common issues that we recommend you stay away from include:
- A non-mobile-friendly site
- Pages without specific calls to action
- Inactive social media channels with infrequent updates
- User-experience design not implemented on pages
- Landing pages that have less than 500 words of content
- Missing contact buttons
- A lack of goal tracking in Google Analytics
By following our guide of SEO tips for contractors, we can help solve these issues and boost the traffic coming to your website!
The Sixth City Marketing Difference
Here are some of the things that set us apart from our competitors!
- We are focused on ROI
- We can provide you with lead source data that allows you to track your successes
- We help businesses nationwide and have offices in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Chicago, Houston, and Columbus
- We are an in-house team, which helps us to create great client relationships and increase our quality of work
- We have served many industries and have 25+ collective years of experience working in digital marketing
How Sixth City Produces Results
Our team works to provide the best SEO services for contractors out there. The services our team offers can be measured based on various performance metrics such as:
- Improving a business’s overall online presence
- Improving keyword ranking
- Changes in website traffic based on Google Analytics metrics
- Overall lead increases both online and via phone tracking through Google Analytics
Our team creates monthly reports to summarize how well the strategies we implement are performing and work with you to ensure we are on the right course of action for your company goals.
Other Digital Marketing Services We Provide
A complete digital marketing campaign is what you need for ultimate online success. The other services our contractor SEO company can provide include:
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing – We will deliver custom landing pages and precise keyword and location targeting. We will work with you to get your ads in front of the right audience. The platforms we work with are Google, Bing, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Social Media Management – Our team will write and edit updates, then post them on your channels to increase your brand awareness.
- Website Design and Development – With a fresh look and an easy-to-navigate design, your website will convert visitors to customers. We will work with you to cater to your preferences and target audience.
- Email Marketing – We work with MailChimp, Constant Contact, and HubSpot to reach out to current customers and more!
We Can Help You No Matter Your Niche
We’d be happy to help contractors that specialize in:
- Drywall installation
- Electrical work
- General contracting
- HVAC services
- Tile work
- Or anything in between
Examples of SEO Success
If your company is still unsure of what kind of services you want, take a look at some of our case studies from throughout the years:
- TYKMA Electrox
- Kent State University – College of Business
- Bruening Glass Works
- Shini USA
- Valco Valley Tool & Die
- University Commons
- National Church Residences – Water’s Edge of Lake Wales
“Great people who do great work! This team made it very easy to understand the nuance of SEO and its crucial role within our digital strategy. I highly recommend Sixth City if you’re looking for a results-driven and detail-oriented marketing team. There’s no fluff in their method and the data doesn’t lie. You will get a crystal clear sense of your return on investment.” – Patrick Sammon, NEWHOUSE
Reach Out to Sixth City for SEO for Contractors
When it comes to contractor SEO services, Sixth City Marketing is your best bet! We know what it takes to make your business soar online. Reach out to us today to learn more about us and all we can do for you.