Updated on 5/26/2023
When reviewing your company’s marketing efforts, have you thought about how your website affects everything you do?
From its look and design to how it functions as a lead generating machine, there are a variety of aspects about your website that can play a factor in how much business you are getting.
Investing in website design services can help show your potential customers your range of offerings and professionalism that can ultimately lead to more work for your firm.
Our Recent Web Design Work
“John and his team at Sixth City are smart, passionate, and friendly. A great team to collaborate with!” – Will Duderstadt, M/I Homes
Your Construction Company’s Web Development Is Important
Much like how you rely on machines and equipment to support your work, your marketing and sales team needs a well-built website to help them get their job done.
There is a long list of factors behind the scenes of a website that control how your site operates, influences your appearance on search engines, draws in customers, and much more.
All of those factors and more make a strong case for redesigning your website through a streamlined platform such as WordPress, with an experienced team who knows what they’re doing leading the way.
How to Help Your Website Stand Out
Here are just some of the things we recommend incorporating into the website design for home builders and construction companies:
- Design and optimization for conversion
- HTTPS/SSL certificate
- High-quality photos
- Testimonials from your clients
- Customizable blog
- Page redirects
- Page headers and metadata
- Distinct calls to action
Steps We Recommend During the Redesign Process
There are various stages of our web design campaigns and we have seen continuous success from implementing the following:
- Initial meetings to discuss overall goals, including target audience
- Receive inspiration for design from clients
- Brainstorm and create an ideal site and navigation structure
- View overall layout from initial mockups (wireframes)
- Design mockup in Photoshop with feedback from team
- Assemble findings on a staging/development server
- Move current site content to staging site
- Final review and feedback before launch
- New site launch on the platform of your choice (we recommend WordPress)
5 Reasons to Choose WordPress for Your Construction Company’s Website
There are many reasons our construction website design agency prefers using WordPress over every other content management system. Here are a few that are worth mentioning:
- It’s easy to use– WordPress is one of the easiest content management systems to learn, as it was built for bloggers and those who don’t have a technical web background. So you and your team will be able to easily update content on your site without trouble.
- It’s adaptive – In today’s day and age, more and more people are using devices other than their computer to access the web, so it’s important that your website is responsive to every device size and type.
- It’s customizable– Unlike other website builders, where you will have just a handful of templates to choose from to build your site on, WordPress lets you customize. Our team has the ability to craft everything from scratch in WordPress to ensure your site looks professional and does everything you want.
- It offers a built-in blog– Alongside your normal inner pages, all WordPress sites come with a blog feature that you can utilize if you choose to. There, you can post helpful industry tips, press releases, updates on your projects or team, or anything else.
- It has a large library of add-ons – WordPress also offers plugins you can add for additional functionality on your site, which includes anything from social media icons to slideshows to even integrations with your customer relationship management provider.
Why Invest in Construction Website Design Services?
At Sixth City Marketing, we are design and development experts for various industries, with construction being just one of them. We have been able to help all types of construction companies and home builders boost their marketing efforts through custom WordPress designs that incorporate effective SEO and are user-friendly.
In this industry, the visual appeal of your business is just as important as the overall quality of the work you do. If you’re building new homes, you want to showcase previous projects and include reviews on your site from every satisfied homeowner you’ve worked with. If you work in commercial spaces – such as redesigning the lobby of a doctor’s office or reimagining the communal area of a coffee shop – you need to highlight these on your site.
With a fresh, modern website full of striking images of your work, your site can become one of your greatest marketing tools.
Additional Digital Marketing Services for Construction Companies and Home Builders
Alongside producing brand-new websites for our clients, we also recommend implementing other digital marketing services:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – In order to help you gain rank for the terms most relevant to your location and service offerings, implement a customized SEO strategy that produces results.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) – With a set budget, refined targeting, and unique landing pages, we suggest you run paid campaigns to reach your desired audience.
- Video production – Adding video as supplementary content to your website, social media profiles, and ads can be a great way to maximize conversions and showcase your work.
- Social media marketing – Show off your current and completed projects, interact with your followers, and educate clients by allowing your team to utilize social media.
- Paid social media – Mixing PPC and traditional social media marketing, paid social media is a valuable tool that allows you to run ads on social media sites with enhanced targeting based on location, interests, and more.
Get to Know Sixth City Marketing
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality work to our clients, all of which is offered completely in-house. Plus, our team has 25+ years of collective experience in the world of marketing for all types of construction companies, making us true experts in the field.
Our #1 goal will always be one thing: results. And in order to prove that, if you work with us on an ongoing campaign, we will present you with regular, detailed reports that showcase our progress. Plus, we will always be 100% transparent with you along the way.
And while we are headquartered in Cleveland, we also have offices in Indianapolis, Columbus, Houston, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and can serve you no matter where you are located. We would be happy to meet with your team virtually or travel to your location to discuss your project.
“We were faced with a lot of web-based issues and Sixth City Marketing helped us streamline eight websites. Their dedicated staff listened to our every need and understood the importance of an easy, user-friendly layout. Sixth City offered prompt and efficient communication and delivered above our expectations. We value our continued relationship with their team.” – Claire Anter, I-X Center
Get a Free Construction Website Development Evaluation Today
If you are thinking about giving your construction company’s website a makeover, we’d be happy to assess your current site to see where it currently stands.
Feel free to fill out the form on this page or visit our contact page. We look forward to talking with you!