Updated on 1/16/2024
Are you trying to help your Chicago-area company get more leads and or sales? Or struggling to carry the load of marketing your business? If so, this is where Sixth City Marketing can help.
Our SEO company in Chicago is built with talented marketers who have 25+ years of experience collectively helping businesses just like yours get more leads online. We approach every single project we take on as our own and craft individualized strategies for optimal results.
Learn more about our diverse array of SEO strategies and services for and around Chicago through our definitive guide today.
Why Should You Choose Us Over Other Chicago Companies?
What sets Sixth City Marketing apart is that:
- We view a successful SEO campaign as various initiatives that drive more sales for your company
- Our system tracks all calls, form submissions, and chats and how the customer found you
- We do not outsource and our entire SEO team is in-house which allows us to produce quality work
- You’ll work with both an account manager and a strategist from our team on your campaign
- We have a 2 to 1 employee-to-customer ratio (so you won’t get lost in the shuffle)
Free Site Evaluation
Get more from your website in 2024! Fill out the form below and we'll give you a free website review.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a series of digital marketing tasks and strategies implemented on a company’s website in order to increase organic traffic and ranking through search engines. The goal of SEO is to ultimately increase organic traffic, potential leads, and (hopefully) sales at the end of the day.
The Importance of Investing in Customized SEO Services
Chicago SEO can be considered a form of local SEO, or SEO strategies that are meant to serve specific regions and the surrounding area. Through local SEO, as well as the other types of SEO you can use to boost your business, you will outrank the competition not only in search engine ranking, but in overall revenue and return on investment (ROI) for years to come!
How We Show ROI and Results
In an ongoing campaign, we’ll discuss the changes you would like to see within your business and create a custom SEO marketing plan that best fits your goals. Some things we measure as we implement and analyze your campaign includes:
- Online form submissions or purchases
- Phone calls and live chats
- Increased traffic to your site
- Positive shifts in keyword rankings
- Links obtained for your site
- Much more
Proof of Our SEO Success
Here is just a sneak peek at our case studies, and what type of results we have gotten for our clients over the years in various campaigns:
- Monthly traffic from search engines increased by 632% (Shini USA)
- Conversions have increased 295% (National Church Residences)
- Overall traffic has improved by 402% (TYKMA Electrox)
- 117% more contact form submissions per month (University Commons)
- 90% of Internet leads turn into business (Bruening Glass Works)
- Increased site conversion rate from 1.54% to 4.6% (Valco Valley Tool & Die)
Our Location in Chicago’s River North Neighborhood
620 N LaSalle St, Suite 415
Chicago, IL 60654
Hours of Operation
Where to Find Us
We’re at the intersection of N. LaSalle Street. and West Ontario Street. Our building faces the West or toward Lake Michigan. The entrance to the building is on N. LaSalle Street too.
We are fortunate to have some fantastic businesses that surround our location. We’re right across the street from Target. A few other businesses that are close to our office include Yours Truly, Oyster Bar, Bar Cargo, and The Diver. Park your car at the public parking garage across from our office and explore what the city has to offer!
What You Get With Our Chicago SEO Agency Services
When we craft our custom strategies for our clients, they include a variety of different tactics that can help your website. Here are some of the main search engine optimization methods we bring to the table:
- Content Writing – Our skilled team of writers can give your website copy a facelift, and revamp your content to include your most important keywords that can help your ideal customer find your web pages. Depending on the current state of your website, we will add helpful and high-quality content to your homepage, service pages, product pages, category pages, and blog posts.
- Link Building – One of the most important parts of SEO is helping your site gain authority and trust in the eyes of search engines. To do that, you need external links to your site from trusted sources. We can help you build partnerships with sources that are relevant to your industry and find opportunities via directories, lists, and more to get you featured.
- Technical Updates – User experience is highly important to help ensure that people who land on your website can navigate it appropriately. Things such as updating plugins, implementing redirects, resizing photos, and much more can give your site the boost it needs to outrank your competition and encourage conversions.
- Blog Creation – Whether it be updates on company news, promoting a new product, targeting long-tail keywords, or crafting pieces we can use for link building, our writing team can use your blog for a number of reasons to help improve your web presence. Plus, our writing team is able to completely build a blog on your behalf if you don’t have one already.
- Local Optimization – If you are a business that attracts local customers, such as a florist, physical therapist, or alike, there are a variety of unique tactics that we can implement to help your rank better in your ideal region. We dive deep into refreshing local landing pages, optimizing local profiles (such as GBPs), and strengthening your presence via local partnerships.
- Timely Auditing – Our team will do audits on your backlink profile, competitor websites, metadata, and much more to help us gauge what we can do to help close the gap between you and those ranking above you. Not only do audits show us where we can improve, but also can give us great info to highlight on where we are succeeding.
- Great Customer Service – Our clients are assigned their own account manager and strategist that will work closely with them throughout the campaign. Your account manager is there to answer any questions anyone might have and to oversee the duration of the campaign.
Industries We Can Help
Whether you are an interior designer, run an retail store, or anything in-between, we can help! Here are some niches we regularly talk with:
“Sixth City Marketing has been our SEO and PPC company for almost a year now. We have seen significant increases in search rankings, domain authority, site traffic, call volume and most importantly revenue. Not to mentioned they are fantastic to deal with. They are always bringing new creative ideas to us to continue this growth. They have taken the time to learn our business and industry which helps enhance our 9 sites. I would highly recommend.” – Albert Atkins, SERVPRO
What Makes Us Stand Out from Other Chicago SEO Agencies
Read more about what makes our team at Sixth City Marketing stand out from the rest:
- Lead Focused – We are focused on turning leads to our client’s sites into real customers or clients. We fulfill this by keeping an open discussion on the quality of leads you obtain so we can make the necessary adjustments to drive conversions.
- Industry Experience – Our team has backgrounds in varying fields, from marketing to creative writing to business to design and more, allowing us to provide well-rounded skills to your company. Not to mention, we are always learning and pivoting to changes in the industry to stay ahead of the curve.
- Company Culture – We are a close-knit group of marketers that enjoy working together and believe strong company culture is essential in producing the best quality work for all our clients. And since we are a smaller agency, we work hard together to provide each of our clients with the highest-quality campaign, paying close attention to detail and collaborating for the best results.
- Honesty and Transparency – Our team knows how important honesty is, you can trust we will share important information with your business with full transparency so we can have open and honest discussions with your team and build trust.
- Range of Services – While we pride ourselves on being SEO pros, we also offer more services than just SEO in Chicago. We have many other services including social media marketing, website development, email marketing, and pay-per-click. Being able to incorporate a variety of services can help us cover all your bases for your full potential.
- CMS Experience – We’ve worked with clients who use website softwares such as Shopify, Squarespace, Drupal, WordPress, Wix, BigCommerce, and plenty of others.
- Data Tracking – The services we offer are measurable thanks to platforms such as Google Analytics, HubSpot, and more. And we tailor each campaign toward your business goals and target audience and pay close attention to changes in keywords, leads through your site, and the number of potential customers contacting you about the services your business offers.
- Timeliness and Efficiency – Through our top-notch work ethic, we can ensure your business our team will be efficient and driven to produce results in a timely manner to help your website get on its way to success.
As a business, we are aware you have to find the right agency that best fits your company’s goals. We can ensure if you choose our team, we will work closely with you to discuss strategies for your business to meet the desired goals.
Answers to Frequently Asked SEO Questions
We often receive a variety of questions pertaining to search engine optimization, and to help, here are some answers to some top frequently asked questions:
Why does my business need SEO?
To help users searching for your offerings better find your business online, above your competitors, you need to optimize your website strategically to help your website rank well on search engines.
How is SEO different from traditional marketing?
SEO is completely digital, while most traditional tactics such as billboards, mailers, and other methods are not. Not only are most traditional approaches costly, but they lack the ability to track data, leads, and more.
Is SEO Different Than PPC?
Yes, pay-per-click marketing depends on directly paying a platform to showcase your ads, while using a set budget to strategically bid against other businesses. SEO, on the other hand, is based on organic listings that Google ranks depending on a variety of factors.
Do I need both SEO and PPC?
There is no rule that you need to do both. However, it can help cover more bases to help bring leads in. PPC is a great tool for businesses that want to target a specific audience or highlight a certain product or service.
Why should my website be mobile-friendly?
Your website should be accessible in a mobile-friendly format in order to accommodate the increasing number of people that are viewing search queries from mobile devices. With nearly 60% of online searches coming from a mobile device and growing, it is important to meet the needs of these potential customers so you can see more leads and sales for your business!
What areas of Chicago do you serve?
Though our office is located in the heart of downtown, we are proud to serve the city as well as the surrounding community. Some of the places we will be happy to meet you include:
- Oak Park
What other services does your Chicago SEO agency provide?
Given we are a full-service digital marketing agency, we can also help get more leads from our other services:
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- Paid Social Media
- Web Design and Development
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
4 Quick Tips to Boost Your Chicago SEO Right Now
If you are looking for some simple, yet effective tasks to boost your Chicago SEO efforts, you have come to the right place. Just some of the simple SEO tasks we recommend implementing in order to boost your business in the Chicago area include the following:
- Claim your company’s Google Business Profile (GBP) – This is a great way to easily get your business included in Google’s Map Pack. Once claimed, make sure that you completely fill out your profile with photos, services, hours of operation, and more to help boost your rankings on popular search engines.
- Rack up the reviews! – Once you have completely optimized your GBP, you should ask satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on your profile. You can do outreach by asking them directly, posting on your social media, and even encouraging your consumer base through email marketing
- Tweak your technical SEO – Elements such as site speed, mobile compatibility, and keyword-rich metadata are just some of the ways to improve your website’s overall technical SEO. When doing so, you can increase your overall conversion rate, as well as business and revenue for your company.
- Internally link your webpages – Internal linking is a form of link building that involves linking pages to your website to other relevant pages of your website. We recommend this form of link building because it can be completed by your team and does not involve reaching out to outside companies or websites during the process.
Have any questions regarding tips and strategies to get your Chicago company on the map? If so, contact our team of experts directly, as we would be happy to assist you!
“Sixth City helped me plan and execute an SEO campaign for my small business despite the fact that I had no idea where to even start. They were always overly helpful, and communicative, and made the whole process way less daunting. I highly recommend reaching out if you’ve been on the fence about whether or not you need marketing help.” – Walt Braley
Schedule Your Free Strategy Session
If you are interested in learning more about what our Chicago SEO experts can do for you, be sure to fill out the form at the top of the page and we will be in touch!
We would love to chat asap, but the best way to start the conversation by setting up an appointment with us via the form located on this page. We typically have our CEO, John Sammon, behind our LiveChat in the right corner of the website during office hours too.