Bruening Glass Works
We’ve worked with many clients over the course of our careers in Internet marketing, but the story of Bruening Glass Works is our favorite ones to share.
Using SEO and WordPress strategies, Sixth City Marketing transformed Bruening Glass Works from a small business primarily servicing Cleveland, Ohio, to an international glass repair shop.
The company experienced incredible growth in the midst of a dramatic economic downturn due to our recommendations. Because of our internet marketing strategies, people across the world now ship their broken glass to Bruening Glass Works.
Marc approached Sixth City Marketing seeking a solution to simply be able to maintain his website on his own. However, after having a discussion about his business, we knew that there was much more we could offer.
At the time, Bruening Glass had a very simple five-page website with information about the business along with a page that showed before and after repair shots. The website averaged about 200-300 visits per month and the business typically got only 6-8 jobs per year outside of Cleveland. Marc had focused his marketing efforts around the city and his primary means of advertising was through the yellow pages or trade publications.
By researching search engine terms, we determined that there was significant demand for Bruening’s services internationally. We proposed that Marc emphasize his ability to repair shipped pieces. Marc was excited to “think bigger and broader” about what he could do. Here are some highlights of Sixth City Marketing’s strategic recommendations and the tactics used to implement them:
- Focused on helping Bruening Glass Works reach an international audience
- Reviewed website and researched online demand patterns for services
- Redesigned site using WordPress
- Created a simple site design that emphasized calls-to-action
- Presented SEO strategy
- Provided training on SEO and WordPress
- Implemented Google Analytics goals
- Started blog about repair projects
- Set up a sister website called WaterFordCrystalRepair.com (#2 targeted keyword)
- Created a YouTube video to highlight Marc’s capabilities, and his personality
- 1,528% increase in traffic (Additional 4,318 visits per month)
- 8-16 leads from the Internet per day outside of the Cleveland area
- 90% of Internet leads turn into business
- Ranks #1 for Crystal Repair, his number-one targeted term
- Ranks #1 for Waterford Crystal Repair via WaterFordCrystalRepair.com (512 visits to that site in Jan 2012)
- Crystal repair is now the main focus of the business
- Now internationally known and recommended for crystal repair
- The YouTube video has been viewed more than 7,000 times and is often the reason why customers contact Marc
The results of the campaign (just over three years in place) have been incredible. Marc’s traffic and business have increased at least 33% every year as he posts about new and exciting repair projects.
If you would like to see how Sixth City Marketing can help your business using search engine optimization or WordPress, contact us
Shini USA, a Division of Budzar Industries – Cleveland, Ohio
An outstanding increase in B2B leads:
Shini USA is a division of Budzar Industries, and a leading provider of global manufacturing control solutions.
Shini USA supplies a variety of different products to the plastic processing industry. These products include industrial temperature control equipment, industrial plastic scrap recycling and hopper dryers and loaders.
We perform both search engine optimization and pay per click (Google Adwords) management on a monthly basis.
How we helped:
Sixth City Marketing began optimizing Shini USA’s site exactly for that purpose.
- SEO. Keyword research: We determined how companies looked for the companies products, and took measures to make sure Shini USA was there to be found, using keyword optimization both on-site and behind the scenes in code that talks to search engines. Content optimization and creation: We both optimized and wrote new content to target specific keywords.
- Conversion Optimization. Conversion-centric site refresh: Once visitors came to the site, we wanted to make sure the site was as conversion friendly as possible. We redesigned the internal pages to have a strong call to action and have a more visual friendly look.
- Google AdWords Management. We overhauled their existing campaign with the goal of reducing cost per lead and increasing leads.
Results (Year to Year comparison)
- Monthly visits increased 28% (1,464 vs. 1,142):
- Monthly traffic from search engines increased 632% (564 vs. 77)
- Monthly online leads increased 129% (39 vs. 17)
After reading those stats, it’s almost redundant to say that Shini USA has benefited from our digital marketing recommendations. When our clients are happy, we’re happy. However, we’re still on the upswing and continue to adjust our strategy while implementing industry-leading tactics.
A catalyst for global growth:
One last takeaway is the huge implication Search Engine Optimization can have for global businesses. Shini USA is another example of significant global (and domestic) growth as a result of our work.
Valco Valley Tool & Die
Valco Valley Tool and Die is a complete metal parts manufacturing house located in North Royalton, Ohio.
Goals of the campaign
When we started working with them, they had just launched a brand new website and both leads and traffic to their website were down. The main goal of the campaign was to increase quality online leads. We did this through a variety of tasks that are highlighted below:
What we did
- Search Engine Optimization
- We researched what their main products were being called, who was looking for them, and what exactly they were being used for (expandable staff weapons, anyone?). It turned out that their customers used a variety of terms to search for their main product line: snap buttons.
- Once we determined exactly how to best serve the needs of Valco fabrication customers and optimizing accordingly, we drove more visits to the site than ever before.
- Conversion Optimization
- We modified key pages within the existing design to create a greater “call to action” to contact Valco. We also supplemented key pages with both photos and videos to reinforce the companies branding and capabilities. Both these measures lead to incredible success.
Results (Comparing Year to Year)
- 114% increase in visits per month (2,910 vs. 1,362)
- 543% increase in online inquiries per month (135 vs. 21)
- 4.6% site conversion rate vs. 1.54%
SEO Case Study: University Commons Apartments – Athens, Ohio
University Commons is an apartment complex located in Athens, Ohio.
The Problem: A Highly Competitive Rental Market
In a college town where students have many options, it takes a lot to stand out online. University Commons sought to improve their presence in the Athens, Ohio community in order to increase their tenant base.
How can a company stay top of mind amidst thousands of options? By clearly communicating its unique value proposition and being easily accessible to searching students.
First and foremost, we knew University Commons needed an informative website. We added:
- Website Redesign
- Added Rich, quality, graphics nestled within a conversion centric full site redesign
- We brought in a photographer to capture the beauty of the apartment community and its amenities. Interior photos were a very helpful addition.
- Search Engine Optimization
- We performed keyword research focusing on high-volume terms within the Athens, Ohio region.
- Once we finalized the keyword list, we created new content with the goal of both ranking well and converting once visitors viewed the website.
- Social Media Strategy
- Revised social media strategy to better connect with their target audience.
The Results: 117% increase in Contact Form Submissions Per Month
- 28% more users: More traffic to the site
- 21% more page views: More interest in site content
- 117% more contact form submissions per month (50 vs. 23): More visitors asking to be contacted
- Last but not least, a 90% increase in conversion rate