Are you ready for the new year? Staying up to date on the latest digital marketing trends helps you keep up with what’s happening in the industry and take advantage of new opportunities when creating your own marketing plan. But before you start, it’s important to understand how you performed in 2022.
In order to help you set some great goals for this year, check out these five things to do before you plan your 2023 strategy to succeed.
1. Audit Results From PPC and SEO Campaigns
SEO and PPC annual audits are a great way to inspect how your business can start fresh in the new year. Examining and tracking the short- and long-term performances of your SEO and PPC campaigns is critical to scale your business. These insights will enable your business to drive results and capitalize on areas of opportunity left on the table from the prior year.
Ensure you dive deep into metrics such as:
- Landing page conversion rate
- Traffic from organic vs referral
- Average cost per click
- Top performing keywords
- And much more!
2. Social Performance and Response
Understanding whom you are trying to reach is essential if your company wants to be successful social media marketers. By developing a deeper understanding of the type of content your target audience consumes most frequently you can better cater your future social ads to meet those desired preferences.
Looking into metrics like CTR, engagements, response rate, conversions, top-liked posts, and overall interaction time can help companies move the needle in creating a richer social media presence.
3. Website User Experience
To improve your landing page or website’s overall performance on mobile devices, different browsers, and various screen sizes, you’ll need to ensure it was made within a responsive coding framework so that the presentation of your site automatically adjusts for every user.
4. Email Marketing Engagement
Do you send out marketing emails? If so, do you keep track of their success? On average, many marketers would say a reasonable email response rate to aim for is 10%. This number could be higher or lower by 5-10%, varying on how much work has been put into the campaign, how big your email list is, and much more. If you find that your email could use improvement in 2023, here are a couple of ways to make your email marketing campaigns stand out among competitors:
- Include and bring attention to the most relevant content first.
- Keep the messaging personal to the recipient, this can be done by either segmenting out your lists or adding in automized personal tokens.
- Add some personality by testing different colors, emojis, and more.
- Keep your messaging concise with a clear purpose, and link out to longer content.
- Pay attention to what days and times have produced the highest open rates. For example, studies show that mid-week is the best.
5. How You Cater to Customer Experience
While doing your audits, take note of what types of content succeed most on your site, as well as in your emails and social posts. Is it basic, “how-to” type materials? Or deep dives into things only industry pros would know? Breaking your customers into educational categories can be a helpful tool in understanding the best types of ads for your segment customer audiences.
Based on what you uncover, it can reveal what types of content you should spend more time producing in 2023. For your highly informed and educated customers, give them case studies, and thought leadership content that goes beyond the obvious facts. For customers new to your industry, give short clips, infographics, and blogs that quickly and clearly answer their questions about what base problem your company is going to help them solve.
More Articles Like This
- 20+ Digital Marketing Conferences to Attend in 2023
- Top Marketing Tools You Need for 2023
- How to Build Quality Links in 2023 and Beyond
- How to Improve Your SEO Writing in 2023
And be sure to join our email newsletter list to get our perspectives on the latest news in the industry!