This page was last updated on August 21, 2023.
No matter what industry you’re in, you want a website that converts. Luckily, there are a number of things that you can do to increase the conversion rate on your website. Check out just six of them below.
What Is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate optimization is the process of making adjustments to your website in order to increase the number of visitors that take action on your website. The higher your percentage for conversion is, the more effective the content on your website is at attracting your target audience to take action.
What to Do Before Optimizing for Conversion Rate
Before completing any conversion rate tasks for your business, it is important to set achievable goals for your business. This can include how you want to track and measure your success. Some of the ways that you can do so include:
- Form submissions
- Links clicked
- Number of qualified leads
- Page visits
- Custom conversions
When finalizing which goals are right for you and your business, then it is time to get to work! Check out our suggestions for improving conversion rate below.
Write Informative and Easy-to-Read Content
Content is an extremely important part of boosting SEO and increasing your website’s conversion rate. Well-written and informative content shows website visitors that you are an expert in your field and helps to build trust.
Some guidelines to follow when writing or optimizing the content on your site include:
- Aim for at least 250-500 words of copy on each page
- Break up lengthy copy with bullets, numbered lists, and multiple paragraphs
- Write eye-catching headers and sub-headers
- Include relevant images
- Interlink to relevant pages on your site
- Include a CTA
Create Clear and Compelling CTAs
Did you know that keyword-optimized CTAs increase your overall conversion rates by up to 87%? With statistics so high, our team recommends including concise copy and effective keywords backed by research alongside your CTA.
To increase conversions on your website, use strong calls to action throughout your site. Some suggestions for CTAs include:
- Learn more
- Contact us
- Get started now
- Start a free trial
- Read more
- Download now
- Become a member
- Shop now
- Sign up today
- Book now
Digital marketing isn’t one size fits all, so make sure to test different variations of CTAs to find the one that works best for you! This can also incorporate the style, location, and surrounding copy that is included with your CTA.
Implement Contact Forms on Frequently Visited Pages
To increase the conversion rate on your site, it’s pertinent that all of the frequently visited pages contain a contact form. To maximize conversions, we suggest a form that shows up on the right side of the page on desktop versions and at the top in a mobile view.
Forms can go on all of the following pages of your website and more:
- Products and services pages
- Blog posts
- About us page
- Contact us page
- Location pages
To further increase the conversion rate of your form, limit the number of required fields to ensure that visitors can easily and quickly fill out your form.
Use Appealing and Helpful Pop-up Windows
Pop-up windows are a great way to increase onsite conversions. The key is to create pop-ups that are accommodating and appealing to your website visitors. However, make sure you avoid using too many pop-ups, or your visitors will get frustrated and leave your site.
Additional suggestions for successful pop-ups include:
- Make it easy to exit out of your pop-up
- Implement pop-ups relevant to the content on a page
- Include an enticing CTA
- Add a form field to capture email or contact information
Implement a LiveChat
Just like pop-up windows, LiveChat is a great way to increase website conversions. Whether your live chat is computerized or monitored by an actual person, it will provide website visitors with an easy way to have their questions answered or immediately receive help.
For example, our own LiveChat is powered by our CEO John Sammon, and he can actively respond to any inquiries people make through the platform!
Perform Competitor Research
Keeping tabs on what your competitors are up to, as well as how their websites are structured, is a great way for you to figure out what you should be prioritizing on your website. Based on their strengths and weaknesses, you can tailor your content to stand out against the competition.
It is also important to keep in mind that users typically research multiple websites before making a purchase decision, so competitor research also helps determine how you measure against your competition.
How to Tell When You Need Conversion Rate Optimization
Overall, there are several tactics and strategies that you can implement in order to increase the conversion rate on your site. Here are some things to consider if you are wondering whether you need to invest in conversion rate optimization services:
- Site speed – As a part of technical SEO, site speed can be a great way to determine the conversion rate on your site. When your site loads quicker, you should expect your conversion rates to be higher. It is also important to note that 40% of website visitors will not wait more than 3 seconds before clicking off a webpage.
- Bounce rate – Bounce rate is the percentage of users who land on your webpage and click off without taking any further action. When your bounce rate is high, that means more people are not converting from the content that you have presented on your website. Because of this, you should do what you can to ensure that your bounce rate is low, ensuring that your conversions will ultimately increase.
- Exit rate – Sort of like bounce rate, exit rate is the number of users that leave your website after visiting multiple pages without taking any designated action. Exit rate is similar to bounce rate in that you do not want it occurring on your web pages, as it usually means a decrease in your overall conversion rate.
If you happen to see any of these concerns present within the goals and analytics of your website, it may be time to invest in conversion rate optimization.
Looking to Increase Your Website’s Conversion Rate?
At Sixth City Marketing, we strive to help our clients by increasing their website traffic and conversion rates. This in turn helps them generate more sales for their business.
- When Is the Last Time You Had Your Website Evaluated?
- SEO Tips When Building a Website
- 8 Things to Check After a Website Redesign
- 7 Ways to Enhance Your PPC Landing Pages
If you are searching for a reliable digital marketing agency that will help you increase website conversions, contact Sixth City Marketing today.