Managing your business’s online presence can be a daunting task, which is why we’ve outlined eight easy things you can do to improve your company’s presence online as we navigate through these difficult times.
And since you may be working from home with just your computer, know that there are still marketing tactics you can utilize to ramp up your efforts. Check out the list below!
1. Write New Content
A major key to improving your online presence is by regularly adding new content to your website. You can write pages about new products or services, add industry pages, or craft blog posts on an industry topic. The opportunities are endless when it comes to writing content for your site, and search engines will reward you for keeping your site updated and relevant.
2. Optimize Your Website for Mobile
More people use their phones to conduct web searches than any other device, so having a mobile-friendly website is crucial for your business’s online presence. Some ways to make your site mobile friendly include:
- Test your website with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Tool
- Improve your site’s load time
- Enable AMP pages with a WordPress plugin
- Place important information and forms above the fold
- Reduce image file size manually, or with a plugin
3. Increase Website Traffic with Paid Ads
Pay-per-click advertising is a quick and easy way to drive additional traffic to your website and increase brand awareness. With paid ads, you can directly reach your target audience and, as a result, increase the number of qualified leads you receive.
4. Update Your Social Media Profiles
Another easy way to improve your online presence is by updating your social media profiles. Add new photos, videos, and posts, and make sure that all of your important business information is up to date.
5. Add Your Business to Industry Directories
Directories are a great way to increase your business’s online presence. Start by searching for industry-related directories and submit your company to be added to their list. Most likely, there will be a combination of free and paid directories, so prioritize the ones that are best for your business.
6. Engage in Online Communities and Forums
Online communities and forums are typically made up of people with similar interests and hobbies. Find a few online forums for your industry and share your knowledge. Answer questions but don’t be too spammy about promoting your products or services. The goal of posting on these online communities and forums is to show your expertise in an area, not to be a salesperson.
7. Update Your Google My Business Profile
If you are a local business, it’s good practice to regularly update your Google My Business profile. Currently, Google My Business is allowing limited edits and functionality during this time. But, you can still update these key areas:
- Hours – Mark your business as temporarily closed or add special hours
- Delivery – If you are in the food industry, you may be eligible to add your delivery and take-out options to your profile
- Description – You can update your business description with important information on the current state of your company
- Posts – Not only can you continue to add posts and offers as normal, but you can also add a special COVID-19 update to your listing
8. Submit Google My Business Listing Spam to Google
Another way to improve the online presence of your local company is by submitting spam to Google. When you search for “[your service] near me” in Google, you will most likely see a number of fake listings, incorrect business names, and more.
Luckily, there are a variety of ways that you can submit this spam to Google and improve your own business’s rankings.
Learn More About Digital Marketing on Our Blog
Check out some of our previous blog posts to learn more about digital marketing:
- Quality vs. Quantity: How to Measure the Success of Your Content
- How to Improve Your SEO Writing in 2020
- Sick of Seeing Competitors Rank Above You?
- What Type of Marketing Do You Need?
- How to See SEO Data in Google Analytics
Contact Us for Digital Marketing Services
If you are searching for a marketing agency that will help you improve your business’s online presence, look no further. Contact Sixth City Marketing today to start seeing results for your company.