Utilizing Google Ads can be greatly beneficial for your business, as they can drive new customers to your site and boost your revenue. And once you start a Google Ads campaign, you’ll certainly want to start keeping an eye on everything – unfortunately, sometimes you can hit a snag.
It is important to know that on some occasions you may not always see your advertisements run when you do a Google search of your own. This is completely normal, so don’t worry!
There are many different reasons why you may not be able to see your ads, especially right after you begin your campaign. Let’s take a look at what’s going on.
Why Don’t I See My Ads?
There are many reasons why you might not see your advertisements in Google right away. These can include:
- Keywords Were Outbid by Competitors – Depending on the budget you allot for the digital marketing efforts, some competitors’ ads may appear first if they paid more for that advertisement space.
- Organic Results Show Instead – When you conduct a Google search, your business may show up organically based on the keywords you entered, omitting a paid ad.
- Results Appearing on Later Pages – Again, depending on your budget, your advertisement may show up on the second or third page of Google.
- Google May Think You Aren’t Interested – If you type in keywords to find your ad but you do not click on the ad, Google may think that you are not interested so it will not keep showing you the same advertisement in the future.
- Your IP Address May Be Linked to the Google Ads Account – If your IP address is linked to your Google Ads account, Google will not show you your own ads because you are the creator of them.
And as our PPC Manager states:
“A lot of factors can contribute to an ad not showing during a Google search, including keywords being outbid, quality score, ad schedule, search frequency, and limited daily budgets. It’s important to know that ads may not show in every search and just because you aren’t seeing your ad, it doesn’t mean that your ad wasn’t selected for a different search. It could also possibly be further down on the second or third results page.”
– Andrea Ozello, PPC Manager
How Do I Make Sure My Ads Are Effective?
Now that we have determined some of the possible causes as to why you might not see your ads in a Google search, let’s highlight some of the ways to ensure your ads are getting out there.
- Include a Call to Action – By telling people explicitly what you want them to do in your ads, you encourage them to engage with your business.
- Rewrite Ads That Are Not Performing – If you notice that some ads aren’t performing as well as others you may want to consider rewriting them, utilizing stronger or simpler language, or showcasing your company’s strengths.
- Bid on Higher Keywords – In the world of digital marketing, it is crucial to bid on keywords that best relate to your business. Sometimes these can cost a bit more per click, but they can be worth it.
- Utilize Google Analytics to Target Your Audience – In Google Analytics, you can track when your target consumers are most likely to see your ads, along with valuable demographic information.
- Rotate the Circulation of Your Ads Evenly – By doing this, you will be able to determine which ads appeal more strongly to your target audience when compared to the rest in your campaign.
At Sixth City, we provide clients with a full team dedicated to accomplishing their goals and gaining them leads.