With the new year here, it’s time to boost your manufacturing marketing efforts!
It is vital to stay up to date with the latest trends so you can continue to drive revenue to your business.
Generate more sales, gain trust from your customers, build a positive reputation and much more! If you’re a manufacturing company and need tips for marketing for the manufacturing industry, check out some ways to make your business soar!
1. Optimize Your Product Pages
For those that do not know, optimizing a website entails reworking a page so that it will appear higher in search engine rankings. As a manufacturing company, you most likely have plenty of interesting products that deserve some page optimizing. By optimizing these pages, consumers may land on them more regularly which can help generate more leads and sales. Some ways to optimize your pages include through:
- Keyword incorporation – You’ll want to identify the keywords that your target audience is searching for and include these on relevant pages on your site. This will increase the likelihood that Google will rank you for these terms when potential customers search for them.
- Writing enough content – Google prioritizes pages with longer, high-quality content. By adding more information to your product and services pages, it can help boost your search engine rankings. Also, consumers will benefit from knowing more about your company!
- Unique and targeted meta descriptions – Meta descriptions are the first things users see when Google displays your page in searches. Be sure to make the most of this fact by incorporating keywords and writing engaging copy to draw them to your page.
Optimizing your product pages can be a great addition to your toolkit for marketing for manufacturers.
2. Get Linked on Directories
Another way to boost your marketing for the manufacturing industry is getting linked on a directory. Google states that 80% of U.S. consumers find businesses through search engines, with some of them discovering businesses through directories. The advantages of getting on a reputable online directory include:
- Trustworthiness – Since these websites are high quality, their domain authority will likely be high as well. This means the link you receive from being listed will increase your domain authority, or DA.
- Targeted search – Most of the time when people search online directories, they are looking for a certain niche or category. As a result, the leads you generate from an online directory will be qualified.
- Cost-effectiveness – Typically, online directories will allow you to share your business information on their site for free. How easy!
Getting your company linked on an online directory can significantly help your SEO manufacturing strategy, so be sure to take advantage.
3. Write Blog Posts
Writing blog posts can magnify your manufacturing marketing efforts immensely. There are two very important audiences for these posts that will help generate leads to your site. These audiences are:
- Potential customers – New customers are always looking for industry-related news and trends. Blog posts are a great way to grab their attention!
- Search engines – Search engines like Google “read” your posts for keyword rankings. When you place keywords into pages with high-quality content, the search engines are more likely to display your pages to users, resulting in them finding your business instead of a competitor’s.
- Trade shows – If your manufacturing company is participating in a trade show, write about it! Discuss the experience and show off your company with quality images. This is the time for you to provide potential customers with insights on what you offer if they didn’t get a chance to attend.
- Industry trends – Who knows more about the industry than the manufacturing companies themselves? Share your thoughts on products and ways to use them.
- News in your company – Building brand awareness starts with defining your brand. What better way to do this by giving a behind-the-scenes look at your company? Do a feature on your newest product. Write up an employee spotlight. There are so many options. Giving insight into your company’s brand allows customers to engage with you and build a relationship.
Potential customers and search engines are the two audiences that are vital for your company.
With this in mind, it’s time to get writing. Manufacturing companies have a variety of topics to write about. Some of our suggestions include: After you’ve gotten some blogs ready, consider where to post them. You may want to research industry publications and pitch them on a guest post to get a link back.
You’ll also want to start a blog on your company site and post there as well. In either case, you’ll be well on your way to drawing more people to your site and company. Start blogging to maximize your SEO for your manufacturing company!
4. Be Active on Social Media
Increasing your social media presence, engaging with your audience, and posting quality content is another suggestion for your manufacturing marketing efforts.
According to HubSpot, spending just six hours of time on social media per week can increase lead generation by around 66%. Here are some recommendations:
- Curate quality content – Communicate your brand values through consistent posts, photos, videos, comments, and more.
- Track competitors – Follow other companies and see what’s working for them. It’s important to keep an eye on the competition!
- Engage with your followers – Building quality relationships with your followers is what will make them loyal customers. By responding to comments and following users back, you can start to build a feeling of trust for your company.
Your social media channels could make or break your marketing strategy. Be sure to incorporate them into your manufacturing marketing efforts.
Get Effective SEO for Manufacturing
Sixth City Marketing is dedicated to meeting your marketing needs and can provide you tailored SEO for manufacturers. As a small agency, we focus on quality as our highest priority. We can provide you a unique strategy with the wide variety of digital marketing services.
Be sure to contact us today for any questions or to get started with your manufacturing marketing efforts!