Do you want your company to grow and thrive online? One of the best ways to do this is to understand and implement an efficient link building campaign, since acquiring links is a very important step in boosting your ranking in search engines. Google has confirmed that links and quality content are some of the major ranking factors, therefore, it is essential to increase the number of quality links to your site.
What Is Link Building and Why Is It Important?
In order to create an effective campaign, the first step is to know the basics on link building. This is the process of other websites linking back to your site from their own site. When you secure a hyperlink on an independent site, Google will often see that link as demonstrating your site’s value to outside users.
Link building for SEO can increase your domain authority, which can put your company higher on search engine rankings. With a high SEO ranking, you will in turn see an influx of traffic which should generate more leads and revenue for your business.
Some of the benefits of link building include:
- Building Relationships – The outreach you do for link building not only provides an opportunity to promote your business, but you can also build relationships with other industry professionals. This can result in an increase in trust toward your company. Trustworthy sites link to other trustworthy ones and Google recognizes this.
- Sending Referral Traffic – If you are linked on a site that is relevant to your industry, the traffic coming to your site will often be comprised of interested readers and qualified potential customers.
- Brand Building – Through effective link building, you can help establish your company as an authority in your industry. In some of the techniques shown below, you can highlight your expertise in the industry and to your chosen audience.
Strategies to Link Building for SEO
- Guest Posting – Many sites will accept and publish your article, especially if they are receiving free and valuable content from a reputable source. Make sure the website is relevant to your topic and that you focus on the quality of your work.
- Testimonials – A lot of businesses you work with will be glad to take testimonials from you and place them on their site. Not only will you be able to speak to your valued relationship, but you can hyperlink your website to drive more traffic to your site.
- Competitor Research – By looking into what backlinks your competitors have, you can gain information on the sites that allow hyperlinks. This can then assist you in obtaining them for your own company.
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO) – HARO is an online service where journalists can receive information from the public, enabling them to connect with experts in certain fields. By offering them information or a quote pertaining to something within your company’s area of expertise, it can end up in an article along with recognition by way of a link to your site.
Tips for Your Links
When link building for SEO, your links should always:
- Be earned and editorial – Links should never be bought or traded
- Come from authoritative pages – Avoid low-quality sources
- Increase with time – Links shouldn’t be created in bulk and left alone. Ongoing link building is key
- Bring qualified traffic – Gain links that will send interested visitors to your page, not ones that will never click again
- Be strategically targeted – Links should be thoughtful and naturally given
- Come from topically relevant sources – To gain more authority and trust to your site, the links you receive should come from those of similar niches
Good luck in your efforts and reach out to us if you need any help. We have a wide array of tactics to give you a boost!