When utilizing Google Analytics tools, one of the most beneficial parts of the data is being able to see what source your traffic is coming from along with where your leads are coming from.
However, if you are accessing your website links through some of your internal third-party platforms (CRMs, form builders, etc.), you are likely seeing these sources show up as referral traffic in your account.
Thankfully though, there is an easy way to remove them in two easy steps.
Step 1: Log into Analytics and Navigate to the Admin Panel
Once at the admin screen, in the second column, click on “Tracking Info” and then on “Referral Exclusion List.”
Step 2: Enter in URLs You Want Excluded
Now, you are able to add in whatever domains you do not want showing in your referral data in the acquisition area on your account.
And that is it! From this point forward, you will no longer see this data in your Google Analytics profile.
Get More Help with Google Analytics
We understand that navigating through your analytics account can be overwhelming and sometimes complicated. Check out a few more helpful articles to get a better idea on how Google Analytics works and how to fully understand your data:
- 4 Things You Should Be Tracking in Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Configuration for HTTPS – What You Need to Know
- How Paid Facebook Traffic Is Really Tracked in Google Analytics
- How to Track PDFs in Google Analytics
Get to Know Our SEO Company
What Makes Us Different
Alongside our expertise, we also do things a little bit differently than most SEO companies in Cleveland and Columbus:
- We show real results – Not only do we produce great work, but we make sure we have data to support it. Every month we will deliver you a custom report based on key metrics in your campaign, including traffic flux, keyword position changes, web form leads, and much more, all so you can see for yourself the return on your invest from our services.
- Our team is all in-house – Unlike other marketing agencies, we have a great crew of marketing experts who know how to work together and collaborate. We have weekly meetings to review accounts, ideas, and learn and grow from one another.
- We do more than just SEO – Alongside our great search engine optimization services, we can also help your business with pay-per-click advertising, website development and design, consulting, CRM management, email marketing, video production, and more.
- Work-hard, play-hard mentality – One of the best aspects of our agency is that we do our part to reward ourselves for the good work we put out. Our culture is all about being creative people who work hard to help our clients succeed, while keeping things light.
Interested in seeing how we can help your business? Reach out today.