If you’re in manufacturing, utilizing content marketing to boost your manufacturing SEO efforts is vital. In this post, we’ll look at some specifics about content marketing and why you should begin implementing it.
What Is Content Marketing?
For the purposes of digital marketing, content simply refers to any type of media used to convey a message to an audience. Content can be displayed through a variety of channels that include web copy, blogs, email and social media.
There are various content niches depending on which industry you belong to, with some more relevant to a given industry than others. Within each niche, you are able to target your content to readers and consumers to highlight what your business does and all it can offer.
Content marketing is the process of displaying your message on a variety of platforms that are the most relevant to your target audience. There are many different aspects of content marketing that can allow you to boost your leads and advance prospects in your company’s sales pipeline.
To make the greatest impact with your content marketing for manufacturers, research is key. You want to know your target audience thoroughly so you can tailor your manufacturing SEO efforts to them. Relevant aspects may include job titles, keywords they are likely to search, the locations they are likely to come from, and so much more.
Content marketing tends to develop a strong relationship between the business and the consumer. For businesses, it is important to nurture each lead within the sales pipeline. For consumers, finding a business that they can trust and benefit from is worthwhile.
How Can I Benefit?
There are a variety benefits that are associated with manufacturing content strategy, so let’s take a look at some of the most important:
- Increasing brand visibility
- Creating loyalty and trust
- Providing your business with higher search rankings
- Helping to establish credibility
- Providing long-lasting results
- Boosting site traffic
- Boosting customer conversions
- Improving SEO
Implementing Content Strategy
Beginning to implement a content marketing strategy takes time, as it is a very organized and research-oriented facet of digital marketing. Your message must be relevant, to the point, and must urge readers to take some type of action to learn more about what your business has to offer.
Coming up with content prompts takes the majority of the time because you must research what your target audience wants from businesses in your line of work.
Once ample research has been conducted to determine your target audience’s interests and the best keywords to draw their clicks, it is time to start writing.
For manufacturers, many consumers look at blog updates as a great way to stay in the know about industry news and product releases, so this is a good place to start.
Content marketing also gives you the opportunity to both craft posts and other forms of content around a variety of topics.
You can make some posts exceptionally broad and tailored to those new to your industry, while structuring others around specific, industry-related issues known to insiders. Covering a variety of topics within your industry demonstrates to readers that you are well versed in the field and have authority.
Quick Tips for Manufacturing SEO Strategy
- Use keywords in the right places – With any SEO strategy, optimizing your content for your target keywords in essential. Using them in the right places is what will separate you from your competitors. Add them into your metadata, website URL, the first 100 words, and scattered through your page.
- Add text, infographics and videos – Putting in some visual content is a great way to generate more traffic for your manufacturing SEO efforts.
- Perform link building – The more quality sites that link to yours, the more traffic you will generate and the better your domain authority will be for Google. Reach out to industry publications for guest posting opportunities, research your competitors’ links, get listed on local directories, and more.
- Optimize your Google My Business account – To help your local SEO for manufacturers, make sure your GMB profile is accurate and up to date. This will help your rankings in the local pack.
- Launch a blog and regularly create content – With more content available, users are more likely to find your website from an interesting blog post. A blog presents the opportunity to provide insights to your potential customers about your industry knowledge and all your company has to offer!
Sixth City’s Approach to SEO
At Sixth City Marketing, we will help you to achieve your manufacturing SEO strategy goals in a variety of ways. Some include:
- Obtaining more qualified leads
- Increasing sales
- Improving your brand’s online presence
- Generating more overall traffic to your website
Once we establish a plan, we have a number of metrics to gauge our overall effectiveness. Our team will measure increases in:
- Phone calls through your website
- Overall traffic
- Changes in keyword positions
The synergy of these factors will be helpful in determining how well our efforts in SEO for manufacturers are working and what needs improvement!
Other Digital Marketing Strategies
To aid your SEO efforts and manufacturing content marketing strategy, adding in other digital marketing tactics will only help you generate more sales for your company.
The services Sixth City Marketing provides include:
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing
- Website Development and Design
- Social Media Marketing
- HubSpot Marketing
- Consulting and Auditing
Need Help with Your Manufacturing SEO? Reach Out to Us!
If you’re looking for assistance for the content strategy of your manufacturing business, Sixth City Marketing can help! Our skills and extensive experience of working with manufacturing clients means we can give your business the boost you’ve been seeking.
Contact us today to learn more!