As you start to market your business, you may see a lot of articles mention the value of having Google Analytics, which might make you question if it’s free. Thankfully, the answer to that question is “yes.” All you need is a Gmail account.
Keep on reading to learn how to make a Google Analytics account so you can start boosting your business!
How to Set Up Google Analytics
1. Go to https://analytics.google.com and create a Google Analytics account with a Gmail account.
2. Enter your website’s information into the form fields.
3. Once completed, you’ll be given a tracking code. You will then need to add it in the <head></head> tags of your website.
Note for Beginners – This can be done in the header.php file on WordPress, or if you have an older site, the code will need to be placed somewhere in the <head></head> tags of all the pages you want to track.
4. After that, have both Analytics and your site open, and in Analytics navigate over to the “Real Time” area on the left-hand navigation to confirm the code is in place. And then sit back and relax as data starts to be pulled in!
Why Google Analytics Is Important
Google Analytics can show you a variety of metrics for your company’s website. This includes highlighting where traffic is coming from, what devices most customers are using, and even tracking how many people are contacting you – there is a long list of reasons why having Google Analytics on your site is vital to your marketing campaign.
Learn More About Google Analytics on Our Blog
Check out some of our other blog posts for more articles like this:
- Google Analytics Configuration for HTTPS – What You Need to Know
- How Paid Facebook Traffic Is Really Tracked in Google Analytics
- How to Track PDFs in Google Analytics
- How to Really Tell Where You Rank in Search Engines