While many companies use and know the benefits of Google Search Console when optimizing and refining their websites, Bing Webmaster Tools can often be forgotten about.
But to further boost your site’s functionality and visibility you should definitely start using the service. Let’s take a look at some key reasons why.
The Benefits of Bing Webmaster Tools
We’re certainly well aware of Google’s dominance in the search engine field. Their share of the global SERPs marketplace is regularly in the high 80s to 90s in terms of percentage, with a September survey by Statcounter placing it at over 92%!
And while Google maintains similar dominance in the United States SERPs marketplace, Bing and Yahoo! (which is powered by Bing) tend to represent a fluctuating 12-14% of the market.
To ensure you don’t miss out on the traffic that could come from that 12-14%, you’ll certainly want to implement Bing Webmaster Tools for any site you oversee.
Some of the features of the service include:
- Crawl error discovery – The service allows to you detect and correct 404 errors, long dynamic URLs, unsupported content types, and more
- Backlink data – Within Webmaster Tools, you’re able to access key information about any referring links
- Advanced filtering – This feature allows you to scan the results of your reports and quickly access any info needed
- Link disavowal – Like Google, Bing lets you disavow any links you deem spammy and/or harmful to your site so they will not negatively affect your SEO value
- Keyword search – The service helps you to discover new keywords that could be of value to your site
One key takeaway to remember is that while the Bing and Google services are very similar, utilizing one and not the other will not yield the same results available by using both.
For instance, you may have fixed your site crawl errors and disavowed spammy links within Google Search Console, but if you don’t do the same in Bing Webmaster Tools your site could be losing out on traffic you’d otherwise have.
Watch Our Tutorial!
For a further look at the benefits of utilizing Bing’s service, as well as how to begin implementing it, be sure to visit our recent tutorial.