It was recently reported that 42% of industrial companies feel neutral about their marketing efforts, while an additional 30% are altogether dissatisfied.
However, we’ve got a few manufacturing digital marketing facts that will blow the minds of these 72% of industrial companies and show them why utilizing digital marketing can be greatly beneficial.
First impressions are everything. That’s why streamlined, concise site organization is a great starting point for digital marketing.
- According to the Manufacturing Content Marketing Institute report, only 30% of marketers in the manufacturing industry feel that they are using their web and social content effectively.
- Content Marketing Institute also reported that 85% of manufacturers say they are doing content marketing as part of their strategy.
- 48% of manufacturer websitesdo not have easy content management systems. Implementing a streamlined, simple updating platform for your site like WordPress, Shopify, or Drupal can help facilitate fresh content updates.
- 59% of manufacturing marketerssay that fresh web design and mobile optimization have drastically improved their businesses after just one year, with 82% of them saying it was due to the enticing web content.
For a good example of clear web content, check out the MacAllister manufacturing site.
While a worthwhile web revamp can go a long way, achieving top rankings in search through paid campaigns and organic leads is essential to driving customers to your site.
- 84% of peoplesearching for services in the manufacturing industry say they use the internet as their starting point in finding a company.
- 75% of peoplesearching the net never go beyond the first page of search results.
- For B2B buyers, 94% research online before making any purchases.
For a great example of search engine optimization and website conversion
optimization, check out our discussion about Valco Valley Tool & Die.
The main goal of any marketing campaign is producing results, and thanks to digital marketing many manufacturers have seen a significant impact.
- Around 77% of manufacturing marketers have noticed increases in their conversion rate because of digital marketing.
- Digital marketing helped generate 15% more business from existing customers.
- Do you know how many leads convert on your website? 45% of manufacturers said they are not sure.
Some may say that email marketing is a dead art, but with these stats you’ll see why that is a difficult position to defend.
- With over 5 billion email accountsactive worldwide, 55% of all companies are generating more than 10% of all income via email.
- 79% of manufacturing marketers saidthat increased focus on email marketing is responsible for 48% of the year-over-year increase in their ROI.
- The average revenue gained for companies via email marketing continues to rise. One study even foundthat for every $1 spent on email marketing, $38 in ROI was generated.
For a great example of manufacturing industry email newsletter content, check out the Advanced Manufacturing example.
Digital marketing solutions for manufacturers can cut down on B2B marketing costs and the necessity of attending costly manufacturing trade shows.
- Forrester recently reportedthat nurturing leads through web marketing is one-third the cost of traditional marketing strategies and typically generates up to 50% more manufacturing purchases.
- 51% of industry workersdid not attend manufacturing trade shows last year.
- On the other hand, nearly 70% of all manufacturing workers attended webinars.
- Some companies have saved around $20k by switching their investment to digital compared to traditional marketing.
- On average, only 8% of total company budget for manufacturers is spent on marketing.
Let’s face it, our iPhones are practically permanently affixed to the palms of our hands. With our phones having a growing presence in our daily lives, integrating the constant feed of social media posts and video content into your industrial marketing strategy is essential.
- People who are searching for products have also said that they are 4x more likelyto watch a video about a product than read about it.
- 69% of people in the manufacturing industrywere found to follow social media channels focused on their field.
- 59% of manufacturers are planning to increase their marketing on social media, with 81% saying LinkedIn is top of mind.
- Each day, 7 billion videos are watchedon Facebook and YouTube. And each day, 95 million videos are shared on Instagram.
- 75% of manufacturers have planned to use video on their website.
For a great example of how to effectively utilize manufacturing videos, check out this example from AMECO USA.
In conclusion, we know that reaching potential customers can be tough. However, the often untapped role and power of online marketing is undeniably essential to gaining leads in the manufacturing industry.
Quick Wins for Manufacturers
Looking for some ideas on how to ramp up your digital marketing for your manufacturing business? Here are some things you can try:
- Use Google Analytics to see your top landing pages, and ensure those pages are optimized with keywords, interlinks, and other on-page SEO must-haves
- Make sure your listings on major directories all include links to your website
- Examine your top competitors and see where there are gaps in your content
- Evaluate your website’s speed using the PageSpeed Insights tool
- If you consider yourself a local business, ensure that you have claimed and optimized your profiles on both Google and Bing Maps
Other Articles That Can Help
Need additional help with your manufacturing digital marketing strategy? Check out some of our other articles:
- How Manufacturers Can Improve Their Marketing Through Manufacturing SEO and Content Strategy
- Is Traditional Marketing Really Working for You?
- Have Trade Show Budget to Spend? Now Is the Time to Consider Increasing Digital Marketing
Want More Help? Contact Us
Sign up for our newsletter on digital marketing news, tips, tricks, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
And if you are interested in investing in manufacturing digital marketing services, we’d be happy to help and talk with you about the variety of services that we offer.